Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Signature Quilt Instructions for the Signing Table >

Signature Quilt Instructions for the Signing Table

Signature Quilt Instructions for the Signing Table

Old 09-08-2014, 07:32 PM

Default Signature Quilt Instructions for the Signing Table

I've put together a signature quilt for my Bff's wedding. I'm looking for some sort of sign to set on the table instructing guests to sign it in the light spaces. The quilt will be attended but not by me (I'm a bridesmaid). Any cute sayings or anything you would use? I would probably print it out nicely and frame it. The quilt will lie on a table for signing and I have pigma pens to use. All the light spaces are backed in freezer paper.

Here's the quilt hot off the SM. The large space in the middle has their wedding details on it.
Attached Thumbnails signaturequilt.jpg  
Old 09-08-2014, 08:19 PM

First I just want to say that your top is gorgeous !

As for a saying, perhaps something along the lines of :

" May your many wishes add to the warmth of this quilt, that the Bride and Groom may be wrapped in the love of their friends and family in the years to come "
Old 09-09-2014, 12:09 AM

Not at clue for instructions to guest but please see that the quilt and pens are not left unattended. My DD had friends who left their "guest book" ( a large platter to be fired afterwards) out too long and some nut scrawled a vulgarity across it!
Old 09-09-2014, 03:51 AM

SlightlyOff, I love the saying you have come up with:-) How perfect for a wedding quilt.

Trivia, your quilt is beautiful and will be the most perfect gift but I totally agree with SuzzyQ, watch out for haters they like to ruin everything.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:32 AM

You might want to see if you can get a block or two signed before you set it out, too - some people might be hesitant to draw on fabric or might not really understand the goal without an example. I don't know how common these quilts are; I've never seen one at a wedding myself so some people might not know what they are.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

I would certainly find someone who will watch over the quilt. I HOPE no one makes a mistake with writing. Might have some paper on hand for people to practice what they are going to write.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:06 AM

I agree, have some of the squares already signed so others know what they are supposed to do. Maybe the parents, siblings, and wedding party could sign prior to the event. Great idea.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:51 PM

Good idea to have some practice paper. I have extra blocks in each color so I can do some surgery if I have to but since the colors are directional, I'd rather not. I'll have the wedding party sign it first so others have an idea of what to do. Hadn't thought of that but it should help! Thanks!
Old 09-09-2014, 05:42 PM

Be VERY sure the person attending the quilt table knows EXACTLY what you want. The world is full of folks who can gum up the works no matter how plainly you word your instruction sheet. And the majority of folks will have to be told EXACTLY what you are aiming at.

AND have spare pens (or whatever you are writing with!)

Good luck.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by trivia42 View Post
Good idea to have some practice paper. I have extra blocks in each color so I can do some surgery if I have to but since the colors are directional, I'd rather not. I'll have the wedding party sign it first so others have an idea of what to do. Hadn't thought of that but it should help! Thanks!
get the size of your quilt pieces drawn out and run the practice paper thru a copier. Make it easier to see how your saying will fit!