Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Still working on not feeling guilty >

Still working on not feeling guilty

Still working on not feeling guilty

Old 08-13-2012, 06:27 PM

nstitches4u, I don't want to leave a mess for my spouse and/or kids. There are more important things in life than sorting through someone else's accumulations -- wall to wall and floor to ceiling. With that said, I appreciate your encouragement. :-)

I have limited energy and was too worn down to attend guild tonight. DH had me rest on the bed and ordered pizza after I had napped. He's a keeper!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:55 PM

I know I have to gut my sewing room and go through everything in there. It's so overwhelming that I just ignore it and keep piling stuff everywhere. Sooner or later the fever will hit me and I will get it done. I just wish that fever would hurry up and get here!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:42 AM

Well said. Said to myself, "you have to finish this project." You have reinforced that..."no I don't!". Thanks for the boost. Good work.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:58 PM

llong0233, I am glad that you agree we don't have to complete everything we start. I have been giving away things that I didn't want to finish. The people who accepted these items were very happy and excited. I think this was meant to be the right thing to do!!!!!

I am making decisions more easily now and find myself sorting things quickly. The bonus is that I have been able to do some sewing I love and have made some nice gifts. I'm downsizing, creating new things, and am encouraged that I am finally on the right track.

Even DH is catching on with the downsizing..... dishes, utensils, etc. He went through the drawer of misc. utensils yesterday and pulled out six which were not acceptable. Two are in the donation bag and four hit the garbage can! We are cutting our losses. :-) This even extended to the food pantry............... Items have been tossed and the rest were reorganized this week.

I am over feeling guilty. Hopefully, this attitude will continue with additional positive results forthcoming.