Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 07:44 AM

My sentiments exactly! Thank You to all of you who worked so hard.

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne View Post
Patrice, I just want to say "thank you"..I know the new board can be confusing but most new things are..even down to our cars, new quilts we want to make and ect..Eventually, I know that the new board will become like those special slippers that feel just right that we like to slip on and get comfortable with
Old 11-05-2011, 07:52 AM

Thank you SO much, Patrice and all the other moderators. You've been very helpful. I think, myself included, that when we 1st saw this new QB it was different and it bothered us as we weren't immediately comfortable on how to navigate like the old QB. Well, change keeps our brains active and young. Just think of all of the threads everyone has responded to HELP all of us. I've been doing some copying and pasting to word to go back and figure things out. I'm still not navigating like I'd like, but, oh well, I keep stumbling on something new (and can't get back ) Too funny. Hopefully, you'll ignore those toxic remarks and people....that's their problem. You've done a wonderful job and you continue to do so. Keep up the good work. We LOVE this board....we'll adapt.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:52 AM

Thanks for all the hard work, I appreciate the change in background as it's much easier on my old eyes. Each day I'm finding something new that I like. Today I saw the picture of a quilt featured - very cool. I like that alot!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:53 AM

I am not good with computers so the new format has me totally confused, but because I love the QB so much I will try to hang in and figure it all out.
Betty
Old 11-05-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
For some people, change is a hard thing. If you've ever worked in environments where computer upgrades happen every so often and totally affect your work, well this is just the same. Take a deep breath and go with the flow. There are some great changes and we'll see them as we enjoy the new process.
I agree, for us older users, change is hard, but just hang in there and eventually we will get to a comfort place using the new format.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:55 AM

I admit that at my age I like things to stay the same, but am working to get through this. Do not want to thinkof not having this board. With a little frustration, a bit of bleep bleep, and some of my rare patience, I will get it done.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:01 AM

Default Thanks

I want to say thanks to you too, Patrice. I have always been appreciative of your efforts on our behalf. Especially when the new owners took over...you were like a familiar buffer between us and "them"! Now They have done it again and I think we all realize there was nothing you could do about this change except make it easier on us. And you have certainly done that!

I was so frustrated with this change that I was ready to go elsewhere. Then I realized the people on this site are my friends and I would miss them terribly. I remembered the enormous response I got from my thread "So, I opened my big mouth...", the generousity of the quilters here. I have 3 quilts to present to our wounded warriors on Nov 11th. Quilts my friends on this board made possible. How could I take this blessing to a different forum for strangers to enjoy! I also received some encouragement from a few friends on here to not give up! So, I am going to embrace this change and make it a positive one. I have no problems learning new things. My children call me Techno Granny because I erase my own hard drive, re-install factory defaults, Upload and download what ever images, music and pictures I need and I fix their computers when they slow down or freeze up. I moderate one of the Freecycles in our area and I use a Sprint Evo 4g cell phone so I can check e-mail, freecycle the QB and anything else I need to do on-line. so my rant and rage was not directed at change per se..it was directed at someone else decided it needed changed. In Texas we say if it aint broke, don't fix it! I did not think it was broken. Having said all that I will invest the time it takes to learn it...because of my friends!
Old 11-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

Default Codos to girl

I think everything is going to be just fine. I admit I am having a little trouble but it is me not the sight! I will get it sooner or later. I just wish everyone would just use there energy and time getting used to the changes and less casting blame.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:07 AM

A dear friend once told me the only person who likes change is a WET BABY. I think that might be true. I don't love some of the changes, only because it causes me to think and figure things out which is actually good for me, so thank you. I will figure it out and learn to love it as much as the old site. Thank you for your perseverance and try not to take the negative personally. Just think of it as people acting like a wet baby.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:09 AM

You're doing a great job Patrice! Thank you. I think it's only normal for people to freak when something major changes. We'll all eventually get the hang of it. For some it may be simple to catch on easily and for others it may take some time, but in time we will all hopefully look back and giggle at the uproar.