Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your biggest waste of money?

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I once bought a really nice serger at a 50% discount on the last day of the International Quilt Festival in Houston.
    Never could really figure out how to thread it unless I was following the video, though I did use it one time to make a jacket of vintage barkcloth with antique buttons. But eventually, through divorce, moves, updating equipment, I lost the ability to watch video cassettes. It has became the most expensive paper weight I've ever owned.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

I love my Angler 2. It is great, I am using it right now on a snowball quilt that would have taken me forever to mark the angles on and now I can just zip through it without marking, it is great.

I love my Studio by accuquilt cutting system and wouldn't be without it.

I have not used my pouncer for marking on quilts, but may in the future.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Shelbie, I love the dog picture on your avatar. What kind of dog is this?

I would not buy the special foot to sew circular seams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    I once bought a really nice serger at a 50% discount on the last day of the International Quilt Festival in Houston.
    Never could really figure out how to thread it unless I was following the video, though I did use it one time to make a jacket of vintage barkcloth with antique buttons. But eventually, through divorce, moves, updating equipment, I lost the ability to watch video cassettes. It has became the most expensive paper weight I've ever owned.

Jan in VA

Oh yeah, that's me too. Had to have a serger. Have used it a total of an hour or two. Can't thread the darn thing. Paperweight!

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
    I bought a Clover desktop needle threader - I can't get it to work - finally read the tiniest print ever and it only works with specific needles that are made by clover. So it really was a waste of $ 15.
    I have three of these (one in each handwork spot) and use them all the time and I don't have any Clover needles. I love them!

Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    I bought the super slider FM thing, it just didn't work for me. I wasted my money there.
    Same here.....what a disappointment that slider was.
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

Blog Entries
    I love my accuquilt Go and The supreme slider and the gene washer. I think my biggest waste is pounce. I have a ton of ruler but only use a few. Books...I love to look through them but never have made anything from them.

Blog Entries
    totally agree with this one...I have never used it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
    Oh yeah, that's me too. Had to have a serger. Have used it a total of an hour or two. Can't thread the darn thing. Paperweight!

Two here: Flynn Frame (that I happily passed on to another quilter) and a Max Throat. It was a motor that was supposed to roll your quilt loaded on a smaller frame forward, so you could reach farther into the quilt. In theory, it worked well, but never on my frame with my machine. I could not even sell it as it was made for My machine on MY frame. oh well..learning curve!
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast