Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 01-24-2011, 07:10 AM

Amandab, I love your row. Now my brain needs to get busy and figure out what to add to it. It will be fun working on something pink and pretty. You can send it on any time you're ready.

Boop56, I will hang onto mine until you're ready for it. Just let me know. I love your Betty Boop block.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:47 PM

Hello Ladies. I've been trying to get a few more blocks cut. I am not going to try and appique on anybodys row. I am not real neat on it and would hate to screw up all the pretties you all have done so far. Now I can't wait for next years row robin. LOL Oh I do have my grandbabies 12 hours a day so after 7 at night is when I will be sewing. So think of me at 7 and give me a swift kick in the behind. My daughter told me to tell you all that she thinks I am quirky like Betsy Johnson. Kids!!! Have a great evening!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56
Hello Ladies. I've been trying to get a few more blocks cut. I am not going to try and appique on anybodys row. I am not real neat on it and would hate to screw up all the pretties you all have done so far. Now I can't wait for next years row robin. LOL Oh I do have my grandbabies 12 hours a day so after 7 at night is when I will be sewing. So think of me at 7 and give me a swift kick in the behind. My daughter told me to tell you all that she thinks I am quirky like Betsy Johnson. Kids!!! Have a great evening!
It's after 7! Here's your kick :twisted: I have three little ones and don't get to sew until they all are in bed after 8! You can think of me then and return the kick! I have so many projects planned, and I keep adding to the list - I need to get it in gear!

Quirky is fun! It just means you're creative...
Old 01-24-2011, 08:19 PM

I am finished! What a relief - I thought this thing was going to take over my life. I am going to try to print my label tonight, and if I can get that done my row will be on it's way to you tomorrow Theresa! I'll let you know for sure when it gets mailed.

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished row with sashing. The pictures aren't so great, but you get the idea.

This is right before my quilt inspector jumped up on the sofa and I had to lint roll the thing all over again!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167490[/ATTACH]

One of the clearer pictures that I took...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167491[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-167485.jpe   attachment-167486.jpe  
Old 01-25-2011, 06:11 AM

Lara, your row is absolutely gorgeous. I bet it's even prettier in person.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:50 AM

Thanks Judy!

Theresa - this is going in the mail to you today! It is all packed and ready to go. I am going to PM you with a question about shipping and how you want to receive it.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 AM

OK - my row is out of my hands and has started its travels!

I also included a letter telling you all a little bit about me and my theme, and my label for everyone to sign. I'm really excited to see what everyone does with my row!

Now to get working on Boop56's row... I have some good ideas that should go nicely with that cute Betty Boop block!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:32 PM

Soooo....my husband of course had to point out a fllaw in my first block so I ripped part of it apart and I thought I had it fixed. Did my second block and really took my time and put it next to Betty Boop and thought I had done Betty wrong again. So again she came apart only for me to look at the patter and notice I had done the second one wrong. By this time some of the light blue flower on Betty's was shredded so I redid it but actually did it wrong like the second one because when I sew them together I will have big purple pieces. But I am really using my bottom mat and top ruler to line everything up more and it is working better. Have to rest the eyes a lot but I am getting there. Have my other 2 blocks cut so Hopefully I can sew them tomorrow instead of napping. LOL Judy whenever you are ready send yours to sunny florida!!! I don't know if obsessed will make it past here. Loving the colors!!!!

Some maxine sayings. (Gotta love her)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168141[/ATTACH]

Dragonfly for the spirit of my daughter Heather
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168143[/ATTACH]

Betty redone
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168154[/ATTACH]

3 down...2 more to go
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168157[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-168136.jpe   attachment-168138.jpe   attachment-168149.jpe   attachment-168152.jpe  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:53 PM

Boop56, your blocks are really sweet! I love that every block has some meaning to you. And.... I can't wait to get my hands on them!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Boop56, your blocks are really sweet! I love that every block has some meaning to you. And.... I can't wait to get my hands on them!
Can't wait to get my hands on yours. I hope i can do it justice. Really am loving the fun colors.