Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

sadly, I don't think mine does either.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:20 PM

Well MizMelly and Lynnie...that eliminates both of you having my name. But I do love my cat and still like all of you a lot. :-)
Old 10-19-2014, 05:02 PM

I don't have a cat. Three out of five of us are allergic, however, I do like them. I don't have any pets, my hubby has a 75 gallon tank (in our bedroom) with fish. I don't understand the attraction of watching fish in a tank. In a lake or ocean, I like because you see them "live" but in a tank they just go back and forth or hide. I like pictures of fish and especially eating them but not as pets.

My SS has 11 letters and/or numbers in her user name.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

I like fish in a tank, kinda hypnotic with the pump bubbling. I want to get a small tank for Zoey so she can have live entertainment in the house when we're not home. My sis has an indoor cat and a tank, and her cat is always trying to inside the tank.
Wish I had a cat lover. If you are a cat lover, but havn't come forward. please do so Miz Melly and I can do something kitty-ish.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:57 PM

I'm a cat lover,don't have one right now! My baby died a few years ago,but I still have my little Shitzu puppy well she's three but still a baby to me.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:05 PM

Darn it! I missed this swap.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:04 AM

I've been sort of AWOL on this thread as I've been working on two mystery quilts. One is finished now, so I can begin really pondering what to make for my swappie. She has no colour preferences, which is so lovely for me. That means I can play with my favourite colours and designs.

As to finishing -- I'm a "self binder" person on everything including quilts. None of mine will ever make it to a quilt show, so wrapping the back around to the front is my preferred method. Of course, that means I have to match the backing to the quilt, but that is easy to do, and especially with smaller items. I had trouble with the corners at first, but found this great tutorial. http://jennabrand.com/2013/04/17/bac...ding-tutorial/

For those wanting to do traditional binding, I don't think you can do better than watch the three-part series called "Binding the Angel" by Sharon Schambler on YouTube. She goes into great detail.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:15 AM

Mine are just waiting to be sent but I have to stalk her a little and come up with a trinket to send as a little extra.
MrsShak same way here, no cats, very allergic to them. If my Santee has them....please mark the box so I know. Hubby has to check it first, make sure no cat hair etc. or I'm in big trouble.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:38 AM

Oh I have a tank as well, I just sold my 120 gallon as were gonna move next year and it's way to big for our next home, but hope to take my 75 gallon with me. They are so relaxing to watch.

Originally Posted by Mrs Shak View Post
I don't have a cat. Three out of five of us are allergic, however, I do like them. I don't have any pets, my hubby has a 75 gallon tank (in our bedroom) with fish. I don't understand the attraction of watching fish in a tank. In a lake or ocean, I like because you see them "live" but in a tank they just go back and forth or hide. I like pictures of fish and especially eating them but not as pets.

My SS has 11 letters and/or numbers in her user name.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:51 AM

We LOVE cats at our house. My 14 yo daughter volunteers at our local zoo cleaning cages and feeding. She wants to be a vet someday. One Saturday while she was there a zoo visitor ran into the gift shop shouting that the mountain lions were going to eat a kitten that had gotten into its cage.

The zookeeper rescued the battered and freaked out kitten and asked if anyone knew of a good home for it and guess who thought HER home was the best. lol

So, home she brought this scrap of a half starved kitten, he was maybe a month old. All black with a small spot of white on his belly. He has the deformity often found on Siamese cats where his tail is crooked at the very end. I thought her bringing home a black cat in October was a hoot. Our Halloween kitty. She named him Tailypo, after the creature in the children's story. She thinks he looks like the picture.

He was pretty frightened of everyone and everything and hid for a while. I was afraid he might be too feral to settle into family life. However, he was small enough and sick enough that our other cats took pity on him and mothered and cared for him like the baby he is. By watching them interact with us he realized that we humans were good for more than just producing yummy food. He is a sweet loving little guy now. Well, actually, he rules the roost.

Five out of six of our kids are adopted. Three out of foster care with all of the serious reasons in their backgrounds as to why children are placed there. Tailypo's story has provided a wonderful analogy for our youngest kids to see how no matter what your start in life and how scary and hopeless things seemed, it is okay to let go of all of the fear and trust and believe that you can be loved and trust that you will be cared for.