Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Think Spring Paper Pieced Block Swap With a "Twist" - Signup is Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/think-spring-paper-pieced-block-swap-twist-signup-closed-t210369.html)

quiltpd 01-13-2013 07:33 PM

Great block Ronda-love the fabrics.

Krystyna 01-14-2013 05:04 AM

Ronda, I love the card trick pattern. Just never knew you could pp it!

rwquilts 01-14-2013 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5785015)
Ronda, I love the card trick pattern. Just never knew you could pp it!

A couple of years ago I did the quilt along challenge of "Marry A Farmer" on the board here? I paper pieced all 111 blocks. I have an EQ program that helps me turn traditional blocks into paper pieced blocks. I'm still going to do some Spring Themed blocks as well however, cause I love them! Thank you ladies for your kind comments. :)

rwquilts 01-14-2013 06:26 AM

A warm welcome to Mizmelly, joining our swap! :)

Krystyna 01-15-2013 03:27 AM

What???? You PP'd all 111 blocks???? That's crazy! Like a lifetime of work! I'm impressed. Is there a link to that one?

rwquilts 01-15-2013 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5787319)
What???? You PP'd all 111 blocks???? That's crazy! Like a lifetime of work! I'm impressed. Is there a link to that one?

There are a lot of links to different weeks, but I didn't take a picture of mine all done...sorry...they're 6 1/2" and are done in the more muted tones and someday they're going to make an amazing quilt, but for now they are in a neat stack in a sewing drawer with my bazillion other UFO's? LOL!

I'm sharing a tip with everyone regards this swap...it seems like there's tons of time before the deadline and there certainly is ample time...what I am doing is to make just one block every day or so and then I move on to all the other quilt alongs and personal quilting I've got going...this way, I don't feel like I'm spending too much time or feel guilty that I'm not spending any time to get my sets done? I have two card trick blocks made and will post when I get a set done. Have a super fun day PPing! :) Be sure and show us your work and blocks...we love to oooohhh and aaahhhhh!

lovngrandma 01-15-2013 01:51 PM

Rhonda
I do love your block , would u are somone else have the pattern, i will look for a free one online, but thought i woudl ask incase it is not a free one, i really like this block.

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5784145)
Krystyna, when it says it's 3" block, that means it's also 3 1/2" unfinished. :) Or 4", 5", 6" etc.?

Okay, this is one block I'm considering doing for this swap. It's not a Spring theme, but is done in spring colors! The name is Card Trick. What do you think? These will be 6" finished blocks.

Annaquilts 01-15-2013 02:06 PM

I picked my patterns and have a basket of fabrics that I want to add some more colors too. I am not sure if I will stick with these paterns but I will make atleast one of each to see how they work out.

rwquilts 01-16-2013 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by lovngrandma (Post 5788598)
Rhonda
I do love your block , would u are somone else have the pattern, i will look for a free one online, but thought i woudl ask incase it is not a free one, i really like this block.

Lovngrandma, I have a program that lets me re-size blocks and that's what I did with the Card Trick block. You can find it for the 12 1/2" size on Quilter's Cache for free? Good luck! :)

Anna, sounds like you have plan...I have been pulling out various patterns and have a basket/flower blocks also that I'm going to give a try to...and an egg...had so much going on and haven't had time to sew much...but hopefully tomorrow will post my first set of blocks! Yahoo! :) Has anyone else made any blocks yet? Just curious?

lovngrandma 01-16-2013 08:36 PM

hi Rhonda yes i found it, and a couple other sites also, but i found a book that i forgot i had, that has all kinds of peiced qoults in it and it has the cutest chick quilt and i will add a few eggs and to it , but i have the pattern here in a book, it is so cute, i will ge tthe name of it later, i also found a table runner, that is awesome and i might do it but with the chicks as the chicks are for a quilt, lol,