Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Dusty'sMomma that is super cute - it falls under the category of 'Things that Make You Go AWWWW'. I have no little girls anymore but I bet that will be treasured by its recipient. So speaking of, I had to get this project done before I could start my next wall hanging - one of our cheer moms is going to be a grandma in October so I made this for her DD. It was done with a 20 strip jelly roll and some extras from my stash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails baby-quilt-carol.jpg  

How cute! I love that it's so girly without being over the top. The panel I posted, I actually have 8 of them, and they came with a coordinating panel to use for the back. I'm thinking if I use this, it might be the first guinea pig for my new sewing/embroidery machine's quilting ability. I have to make a car seat quilt similar to the one below for my best friend's brother's new baby, due Thanksgiving day, as well though, so it might be a matter of which project I finish first. The one in the photo is one I made for my boyfriend's nephew last fall. I have enough leftovers of the jelly roll and charm pack to do 2 more, maybe 3. I did just the last initial because I wanted to be sure that they could use it for future children as well, since it's not going to be usable beyond when his legs stick out the bottom, lol.

385620_10152028339784625_1089407946_n.jpg

Blog Entries
    I'm another one with no age appropriate children to share this adorable panel with. Those youth quilts are all really cool.

@ JNCT14: "it's" on the way!
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I am going to lurk by the mailbox!!!!!! ;-)

Blog Entries
    very cute, you guys! i just had a great thought(yeah, i know that's a first, lololol!) and the fabric for it is at home. but does anyone prefer bright colors? that's my hint!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    I like bright sun saturated colors that almost hurt your eyes. Lime /acid green, orange, melon, quirky and fun

I like sea glass and poppy colors

I like civil war repros

I like feed sacks/ 30s repro

I like I like I like....... it all!
    peace

EDIT : I like roses, roses and more more roses too
    Last edited by ube quilting; 08-06-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Hi nancia I agree with ube I like everything! I will be waiting to see what you do with your bright colors!

Blog Entries
    i like it all, too, but i most like brights and batiks. i wish i'd weitten down my good idea! now i'll either have to remember it or think up a new one. pooh!

Nancia your teasing, you like brights???? YOU??? wow shocker there

I am full of good ideas not so full of good energy. I picked up some grand fabrics at this incredibly cheap website on sale the other day 8 yrds of good ideas. now to turn them into magically delicious projects. turkeys! skunks! honeysuckle flowers! things I absolutely had to have with no projects in mind. Does everyone do this? just see something pretty and buy it without a thought as to what it might end up? sigh.. I do this a lot. no planning what so ever. lucky for me the fabric was a whopping 18.00 for 8 yrds and 5 for shipping so it was semi affordable non planning
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    brat-- glad i could come up with something to shock and amaze you! lol, like yeah!
    anyway, i have set up an area for quilting in my room. now that the birthday is over (and everyone was wowed! by "the dress") i can look to making a quilt top. today , however, we are having lunch with all three kids and adding our ddil and dgd, the world's cutest 2 yr old! olivia was in her room and had a problem. all i heard was this little voice--"i need some help". "i need some help" and before i could get out of bed she was running to the kitchen. her mom was saying, can you use your words? and i jumped right in, "she did. she said, i need some help" so olivia and i went back to the bedroom and she showed me the dark closet and said, "i can't get it out". so i reached in--who knows what i was going to find, or was going to find ME--and pulled out.......(drum roll, please)..........a shopping cart! truly, a disaster averted! lol! she does have amazing vocabulary and links up to 7 words in a sentence correctly. she takes after her daddy (since i didn't know her mommy as a baby i can't speak for her, but i'm sure she was bright , too.) many/most of her words are very clear, with a few ne ones that i have to ask or look for context.
    well, since olivia is armed and ready to go shopping i need to shower and head to the mall with her. (yes, brat, i will dress before leaving, however....since i plan on trying on clothes maybe i should just go clean, and add clothing as i find it! buy-buy!

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast