Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST >

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Old 08-31-2012, 04:10 PM

Oh Lori, I can make it 4 for you and come and help you move. I'm 66 have arthritus, 2 back and neck surgeries and MS to boot. BUUUUUTTTT I can push a grocery cart quite well!!and lift boxes up to about 20Lbs. but I cheat alot, especially if it's fabric, rulers, rotary cutters, etc. you know....
Old 08-31-2012, 07:16 PM

Just stopped in to see how many we had signed up for this month and now I'm in tears. Krystyna, oh why oh why have you done this. You need not to shop for me or most of us. Youre wonders of creativity and stash are all we need. Please oh please join. We will so miss the anticipation of your bounty if you were to get one of us. Please, Please, Please, Please, Please. Now mind you, I'm not pestering but for every month you dont join is one more month that someone here will miss out on your Beach Plum Jam.

Please Krystyna, come back to us. LOL We Love You So.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:19 PM

BTW, I know for a fact that someone is gonna be receiving some homemade strawberry and some apple pie jam this month. Not sure who yet but hope you like it. May just throw some salsa and kraut in there too.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:48 PM

I would love anything from anyone's stash, anything they wanna get rid of, any candy, any baked goods, any canned goods (and if any one has any asparagus and knows the recipe for sweet bread and butter pickling juice, please dear god pickle me some asparagus in that and send it my way!!!) and fabric cause well I have scraps for stash and I'm slowly building through these swaps and apparently I'm not half bad at this sewing stuff so.. I need more.. I love everything, I don't need anything personalized. I just like getting stuff that's NOT bills in the mail it at least gets me off the couch for 2 seconds.

I'm doing a boomerang block swap right now. I'm about half done. it's so much fun. School starts again on the 6th, but it's online classes again, and still no job, so I have plenty of time to make sure the couch doesn't float away.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
I'm doing a boomerang block swap right now. I'm about half done. it's so much fun. School starts again on the 6th, but it's online classes again, and still no job, so I have plenty of time to make sure the couch doesn't float away.
My classes started back up Monday. It's been a rough week.

If you want to do a side boom swap, pm me ok? I just realized (68 pages of posts later) you're not in MY group. What's up with that?
Old 09-01-2012, 03:33 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
OMG apple butter! I grew up in Western NY and all things apples remind me of growing up.

ESPECIALLY apple butter. It's epic. And no matter how much companies try, there is no duplicating home-made apple butter.
Having grown up in a family with lots of apple trees ... FOO to apple butter! We had apples in everything. Apple sauce, apple butter, apple fritters, apple pancakes, apple cake, apple cider. You have no idea how I would long for any sort of food that was apple-less! But for those of you who love apples ... enjoy!
Old 09-01-2012, 03:36 AM
Swap Hosts

Well, the patriotic quilt for the Joann's employee going into the air force is almost done ... so since I'm bring it to the store, if I have to shop, I have to shop.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Well, the patriotic quilt for the Joann's employee going into the air force is almost done ... so since I'm bring it to the store, if I have to shop, I have to shop.
You poor poor thing............you just might need to shop...............
Old 09-01-2012, 04:50 AM

Ooh Mdall, hope you get me for a swap partner!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
Ooh Mdall, hope you get me for a swap partner!
Fayzer, which would you like just in case I get your name. Strawberry, Apple Pie Jam, Salsa, Kraut, or all of the above. LOL Went on a canning frenzy the other week. Now on a beading frenzy. Stilettos fobs, and stitch markers.