Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Need opinions please...

Wonderful blocks -- your piecing is very precise and I love your colors. I'd do the sashing in a print that picks up both colors (with a little white, too, if possible), with cornerstones. It would really showcase your blocks. Please post a picture when complete - I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Such nice precise work! I had to smile when you said this was for your grandma. Here we are making quilts for our grandmothers. Didn't it used to be the other way round? I'm so glad the art of quiltmaking is alive and well again.

And I agree, sashing and cornerstones would really set those stars off. You might even consider using your background fabric for sashing, with either the yellow or blue (or alternate both) for cornerstones. It would make the stars "float". Just a thought.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

sash it sash it sash it lol. love your blocks, can't wait to see how you finish it off.,
    Cindy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4