Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 08-18-2013, 03:46 PM

" As the round, round robin goes bob-bob-bobbin along..." What? no singing? Brat?? Jaba?? Well now that I have got that song running around my head for the rest of the night, my turn to chime in. I live in eastern Virginia, north of the York River. I am 54, semi-retired (just started getting paid for what was a volunteer job!)and happily married to my DH for almost 6 years. 5 grown up kids, 4 grandbabies, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 10 chickens, 11 acres and way too many tomatoes and beans right now. I am an enthusiastic fabric addict. My best thrills come from making something beautiful from discarded stuff, which is why my garden fences used to be our back deck, the arbor is made from a neighbor's pier, and my favorite quilt fabrics seem to come from thrift stores.
I have a closet full of UFO blocks from swaps and started projects, and I am trying to pick my center from them. There are some really beautiful patterns and colors, so choosing is hard. I think I will start with a 12 1/2" block and make it 24 1/2" before mailing it off. Jaba, send yours on anytime, I'm all ready to start!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:09 PM

Perfect, just sent you a PM for your address and it will be in the mail tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:08 PM

I hope all of you got the email with the who is mailing to who and addresses. I see we have been moved to swaps which confuses me a bit since it was just a private little swap amongst friends. but well here we are!

Great center Teresa love the rosy colors. Your fabrics showed so much pattern but when cut down they really show splashes of color more I am making a blue white and yellow center. Tada finally settled down and picked one. So far I made a very simple center now putting blocks and pinwheels all around it then its on to the next one down the line. I do not have more fabric I was hoping to make it all out of my blue/white fabric but ran out so I am using a very pale yellow and hope to have very little yellow in the whole quilt (its not my favorite fabric color). The fabric is more like a delft pattern or china plate/cup? My daughter in law to be wanted a blue white quilt so this will be for her. So so far we have: a purple/lavender/white quilt, a rose/blue and cream quilt and a blue and white and also I think Sandy said red/white. I say we have a bunch of fun ahead of us. I will post a picture tomorrow of my top. I should be done by noon! most is cut and sewn just four more pinwheels and its put it all together Yahoo! Mail when your ready to mail, make sure the person your sending to is not overwhelmed with two or three tops before you send. Some of us are much faster than others. With luck we finish this one in a shorter time frame than planned but we will do the best work we can do and surely it will show
Old 08-18-2013, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the updated mailing list, Brat! I now know that I will always mail to you. Yes, I do plan on having my quilt be just red and white. Will send more details with my package so you all can be watching for reds and whites for mine. :-) Now it is just game on....! Looking forward to helping you all have a fabulous top when we get finished.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:56 AM

oh oh what about a hint of grey in your red/white I know you first considered black and tossed that out but maybe some grey would be a nice additive? red/white is pretty too. I have 8 red/white fabrics so far on my shelf waiting for me to make them into a quilt guess I like your idea. If you saw the red/white that is being made for themamahauser in our other swap the first round was just added and its gorgeous. I am anxious because well how to live up to that!!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:08 PM

make sure in your note to the quilters if you say NO pattern or small pattern or tone on tone or whatever you think will work great go for it.. just write it so no questions later on .. (a lot easier before I think than after lol). We have been moved once again, the moderator did not realize this was private so she put us back in photos. in the future I have to start with a picture to stay there. Lessons learned. we get to travel the board how wonderful!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:26 PM

Okay I'll post again. Twinriverfarms sent this center to you today and some extra peony fabric to use or not, at your discretion. Just please send it on to the next person also, then they can decide to use it or not, and again if someone needs more I will send, just let me know.[ATTACH=CONFIG]431199[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1586.jpg  
Old 08-20-2013, 06:37 AM

After spending some time staring at my center, I was really not happy with some of my points. So, I am piecing another. Should finish it up tonight Then I'll figure out all of the paraphernalia I am supposed to be sending along with it and should have it off to you Jaba by the wknd.

Is there a quilters serenity prayer? Something that when spoken over and over, would help me accept non perfection from myself?

Funny (not) how that is.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:28 AM

Don't know about a prayer for quilters, but there are, at times, a lot of things I say over and over and over Will be watching next week for your revised addition
Old 08-20-2013, 08:20 PM

Just a preview of my soon to be center block. I messed up when I was cutting out the fabrics and switched the colors. I did not notice it until I began to lay it out. Then I thought...Oh well...perhaps it was meant to be this way. Will post a pic again after I have it all assembled. There are no directions; just a diagram so hope it goes well. :-)
Attached Thumbnails 2013-8-20-large-.jpg