2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-22-2015, 08:17 AM

Greetings to all, thank you for the comments & support toward my friend........the remainder of her (my friends) fabric I called a gal and she is involved with our local Linus group. So is will be put to good use.........

Emma, do start your DWR......you have everything you need right?

elly66, your baby quilt is cozy looking, and your tree is stunning

earthwalker, sorry to hear your having health issues, hope there resolved soon. I did grin with your comment about the woolen Japanese kimono fabric; I was purchasing authentic Japanese kimonos to re-use the fabric........well it is si gorgeous I just can't destroy them. I know a Japanese war bride and she has been extremely informative about my kimonos, all 4 of them. I know I'm bad, but they make me speechless. My friend had one and before she passed we donated it to our local International Institute.

Paper Princess wow what a flattering table runner lots of cutting, but well worth it........
Old 11-24-2015, 11:17 AM

Yes Calla, I do have everything I need plus over twenty UFO's. I really need to get some of those finished before I start a new one. Not that it will stop me from starting the Bonnie Hunter Mystery.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

I forgot to post a pic of the rag quilt (from stash).
Attached Thumbnails img_0604.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-03-2016 at 10:01 AM. Reason: language
Old 11-25-2015, 06:45 PM

Only 2more days before Black Friday. If you jump off the wagon, please post your treasures. I don't plan to buy anymore fabric for a while. I will be busy starting Bonnie's mystery quilt in 2 days. (Yea!!!!!). And several other projects.

Happy thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

happylab: just what we need. encouragement to buy fabric!
Emma: can't wait to see your DWR
Martina: The quilt looks snuggly. What was the pain? Snipping?
Happy Thanksgiving to all our US participants. Happy Thursday to everyone else!!!!!!
ETA: We are putting the tree up today, and I just realized that since the tree sits by a floor to ceiling bank of windows that face south, I'm going to have to cover my newly finished tree skirt to keep it from fading... or maybe rotate it every day so it fades evenly? Hmm.

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 11-26-2015 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:46 AM
Power Poster

Happy Thanksgiving my dears. Food is prepared and only needs to be reheated so I can have a nice relaxing day today.

Yes, princess - the pain was the snipping as I didn't want to trigger an episode of tendonitis. I spread it over many days just to be sure. I also decided to brush out the seams before throwing the quilt in the washer. (We have a front loader and the risk of plugging it up is definitely there.) Using a chenille brush and a spritz bottle with water, I brushed out each seam. UNBELIEVABLE how much lint/thread came out. It was worth the effort because Pat really likes it.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:30 PM

I'm relatively new to the forum-ive been lurking & reading for a while. Since I started reading this thread, I hadn't bought any fabric UNTIL the day before Thanksgiving. Joann's had a great sale on Christmas fabric & a good one for other fabrics. I got 6 yards of fabric, 4 spools of thread, 2 yards of Wonder Under, & 3 colors of embroidery thread for $40! I've spent today cutting & sewing Christmas stockings. (Our family meal is Friday due to work schedules of some members.) Until I had a definite project planned, this thread kept me on track. I plan to follow the 2016 version, so thanks for keeping it going!
Old 11-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Power Poster

Soon moratorium buying becomes a good habit ...
Old 11-27-2015, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

Saved, thru no effort of my own. I put some fabric in my shopping cart on Wednesday thinking I'd get up this morning & purchase at a better price. Logged on this morning only to find that it was sold out. The universe's way of telling me I don't need any more stash.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:19 PM

Dug into my stash this AM needed some snowman fabric for a project. Not a scrap to be found.....I only need 5x7 inch piece. Guess I'll dig around for white buttons and make one...........calla