2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-17-2015, 08:40 PM

Wow! PaperPrincess...I can not imagine a table that long, let alone a room to have it in. Do you fill it up for the holidays? Yikes. The runner is lovely.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:12 AM

Went to JoAnn's and got out of there without any fabric. It was a close run thing. But I got the embroidery floss that I had lost and of course as soon as I got home with the new stuff, I found the old stuff. Bought some Jewelry glue for attaching rhinestones to fabric. I've got my fingers crossed on that purchase. And then the rhinestones of course.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:24 AM

Calla - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Paper princess - that's a beautiful runner. Very festive.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Calla, please accept my sincere condolences on your loss. PaperPrincess I am awed by the table and the runner. Quilted it will look even more amazing.

I had a minor 'fall from grace' and purchased a small bundle of woolen Japanese Kimono pieces, they are so fine and beautiful I am adding them to my small collection of vintage Japanese fabrics (quilting project...unknown). They were heavily discounted and I just couldn't resist.

Am busy at work and with health dramas at the moment, so just plodding through some ufo's. Have also been practicing fmq, starting small and because I can't abide waste am using the practice sandwiches to make some zipper pouches (I also have a collection of re-claimed zippers). My half of the studio is a cluttered mess, but I have bought a filing cabinet and drawers, and slowly organising my home office/sewing corner. I have seen plenty of fabric of late, but stayed strong and petted it for a moment and put it back on the shelves. Only walk out of the store with supplies, needles, thread etc. I am glad there will be a moratorium for next year. I still need it. Loads of fabric and clothing to cut and repurpose.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:46 AM

Calla: So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Friends are so precious and not easily replaced.
I am doing pretty well considering the sales that are advertised this time of year. No falling off the wagon in the last month and a half. Even wandered into JoAnn's the other day and left with only a large spool of silver metallic thread for a Xmas tree skirt. Managed to find all the fabric I need for the Bonnie Hunter Mystery in my stash. Won't say I'm feeling smug, since that's usually what happens just before I find a piece of fabric I can't resist, but doing okay.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:22 AM

Glad you're doing so well Emma on fabric purchases. How's the new machines?
I thought I would have a little show and tell. Been meaning to show for awhile but things got in the way so now I have more to show. First one baby quilt from stash except the corner blue blocks. My wedding ring I've started recently that I'm still pinching myself that I've figured out - from stash except light green (I definitely see a pattern - wonder why I have to have just one more fabric to complete something) red one is a cover for an end table for Christmas (from stash) and the last one is the Northcott panel (tree) which will have battery operated lights for my DSs and MIL. The brown and green one is from stash and is a recliner headrest cover. [ATTACH=CONFIG]535970[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]535971[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]535972[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]535973[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscn0715.jpg   dscn0716.jpg   004.jpg   dscn0700.jpg  
Old 11-18-2015, 08:12 AM

Erin: You've been really productive! Funny you would mention the "Double Wedding Ring Phobia", I have had the templates for this classic for ages but somehow never sat down and thought about how its done. Glad your blazing the trail. So many really nice projects coming to completion. I'm always drawn to the geometric designs. Specially like the baby quilt and the brown and tan one. Great work, congrats on all the completions.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:36 AM

Earthwalker, if only you lived next door rather than half the world away. I love japanese fabrics. If you put a show and tell up please mail me a link. I would love to see your fabrics and totally understand your fall from grace. i would have done the same.

Emma, stay strong you are doing great. I'll pat you on the back so that you are safe from gotta-have-fabrics.

elly66, the blue and white and the tree are my favorites. I have the wreath that lights up. I don't know when I will get it done but I have it for when the time comes.

Have done well with the fabric stash. But it's probably because I fell so often earlier in the year.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:20 AM

Emma - I took the craftsy class and it just finally "clicked" for me after many attempts. Accurate pinning was my troubled spot.
tk - those wreaths are beautiful. I went with trees as DSs have no decorations so they'll have a tree of some form.
Hard to believe the moratorium is almost through till the new years. I'll continue on through the holidays if I can just stay strong!
Old 11-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Power Poster

Erin...love the blue tree...all protects nicely done and marching out of UFO land...

Got a 2 sided receiving blanket and 3 burp pads made from stash flannel for a shower gift...yeah...