Quilt Challenge!

Old 11-04-2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Aggi, your tree skirt is lovely. Also want to tell you I've spent the [past couple hours on your blog site. GOOD JOB! Also like your music! It's very much what I have in my own music collection.
So glad you liked my blog!!! I'm having alot of fun playing around with it and adding new things! Please come back to visit soon!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
That's really pretty!
I thought about maybe doing a couple of tree skirts for the craft fair next year.
Thanks Terri

I have enjoyed making them, although I am looking forward to completing them too as I am making 11 of them LOL
Old 11-04-2008, 05:28 PM

The tree skirt is beautiful. Great job.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:51 PM

I'm working on this right now. I dug out some old charm squares and I think I can get two small quilts from them. For one I'm doing the disappearing 9-patch. Didn't know what to do with the others but saw a Billie Lauder video last night using 4-patches similar to the disappearing 9-patch. I think it was called 16 somthing, not sure. But it sounded fun and quick.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:24 PM

I think this is a great idea. I've been collecting scraps from all my friends and have used all the neutrals in a quilt. I was going to sell it to earn some extra money but DH has declared it will be going on our bed. I guess after almost 17 years of quilting he feels it is time I made a quilt for us. :lol:
Old 12-09-2008, 11:22 AM

Hi Aggi:
Again, just spent lots of time on your blogspot. Love it! Have decided to go back and get the recipe for your Mandarin Cheesecake and will make it for our Christmas. It's something I'm sure everyone in our family will love.

Your turtle pincushion is darling. Is that a pattern you sell? We live in an area where there are turtles that are on the endangered species list so people are somewhat split on their opinions of the protection of these turtles. Some folks bought 160 acres of farm/orchard land and found out they were not able to do alot with the land and ponds on their property because of the turtle protection laws so they decided "if served lemons, make lemonade!" The lady makes all kinds of turtle stuff and collects turtles in every medium. Someone told me she sells what she makes to specialty stores all over the place but I haven't seen any of her work locally????
Old 12-10-2008, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Hi Aggi:
Again, just spent lots of time on your blogspot. Love it! Have decided to go back and get the recipe for your Mandarin Cheesecake and will make it for our Christmas. It's something I'm sure everyone in our family will love.

Your turtle pincushion is darling. Is that a pattern you sell? We live in an area where there are turtles that are on the endangered species list so people are somewhat split on their opinions of the protection of these turtles. Some folks bought 160 acres of farm/orchard land and found out they were not able to do alot with the land and ponds on their property because of the turtle protection laws so they decided "if served lemons, make lemonade!" The lady makes all kinds of turtle stuff and collects turtles in every medium. Someone told me she sells what she makes to specialty stores all over the place but I haven't seen any of her work locally????
HI Feathers

So glad yo are enjoying my blog! I'm having a ball with it myself and posting as often as I can. (I plan to post another message tonight)!!!

You are going to looooove the cheesecake!! It's one of our favourites. I did more baking last night and I think once I frost my carrot cake tonight (for a potluck at work tomorrow) I will post that recipe too along with a photo.

No the turtle pin cushion is not my own design, so cannot sell it :( I got it from a Simplicity or Butterick pattern. I will find out what one it is and post it to my blog. I had a couple other people post comments to my blog asking where the pattern came from. The pattern has many other different pin cushion patterns including a cup cake, a fancy victorian boot, and much more!

Come back to visit soon!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:21 AM

I'm slowly getting my challenge quilt sewn up... well I still have the rows to sew together, but I am getting there. I really don't think I am going to make the deadline to the end of the year, but I am trying.

I might have a little more time now as I am scared to say this, as I am still in shock here, but I have all my gifts made for Christmas!!!!!! But saying that, I did find out yesterday that I have two more people here at work wondering if there are any more tree skirts available for sale! I have two more skirts left to layer and quilt and bind, so me thinks I will get a start on those this weekend and see about completing them and getting those sold!!

I will post photos of my crumb quilt challenge soon!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:39 PM

I'm not going to make the deadline either, but my quilt is going to be awesome. I still need to put all the blocks together & do the borders. I plan to donate it to our local public radio station for their auction next Oct. so I've been procrastinating on finishing it as Oct. seems soooo far off. Maybe I should just line up my blocks & take a pic to post anyway.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:28 AM

I am glad to see so many have kept up with this challenge.

I made so many scrap quilts this year that I had to replenish my neutrals stash! I was totally out of whites and off-whites!

It seems like no matter how many I make, the more scraps there are! Help!