Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt Challenge!

Should we have catagories? Like beginniners, intermediate, and professionals? It would be more fair that way since i only started quilting a few months ago.. :oops:

I love looking at all the pics!! since I have so much fabric already I am always trying to use what I have because when it was bought by my grandma, mom, or me there was an intendeed purpose(sometimes). well I can say that I have made 2 doll quilts that were from the stash and the 3rd will also so be from there, including the batting!! I hope to get more done!

Blog Entries
    HI

Here is mine: first one made of my husband pant and shirts , and some of my leftover, back is which i bought only

the 2nd I already put the pic 3 monthes ago on pic log Its made of all pyjamas and t shirts of darling dughter. back is which I bought also.

enjoy

I made two of them
    Name:  Attachment-49682.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  36.5 KB

blue and beje
    Name:  Attachment-55628.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  35.0 KB

I wonder if it's too late to get in on this challenge?

Hey There from SC! I've discovered her website a while back and just love it! I've already started on her system of bins for scraps. Maybe by next year I'll have enough for a project or two. So I'll take ya up on that challenge next year!
    Regards,
    MaryAnna

Wow Sawsan, I'm impressed! What wonderful quilts and who would've guessed they were made from 'recycled' fabric! I've heard that men's flannel shirts make great quilts as well.....
    Regards,
    MaryAnna

I think that trying to use scrapes in making quilts is a great idea. I just joined the Quilting Board from southwest MIssouri and am anxious about getting all these new ideas.

Welcome! and yes, there are so many wonderful ideas.....don't forget to check out www.quiltville.com for wonderful ideas and scrappy quilts! we all learn so much from here!
    Regards,
    MaryAnna

I love the scrap quilt idea! 2 bad 4 me, i just got back into quilty after 4 yrs of nursing school! Wanted 2 make my mom a quilt 4 x-mas with grandkids picture as the focal pnt. any ideas from u gifted ladies on a pattern, or arraingment idea?

Hello I am new and i do not see the new post thing i read the main but still do not see the new post so i am going to introduce myself here, i am Dora i live in Alabama, i have 3 grown children and 2 granddaughters i am working on my first quilt sue bonnet sue , after i finish it i want to go to a block or piece quilt i was looking at the gentlemans bow tie do you think this might be a little hard for a beginner ,
    Thanks for letting me join
    Dora

Welcome Dora....just jump right in the water's fine! :lol: To do a 'formal' intro, just scroll to the top and click on Backt to home page, then scroll down to "Introduce yourself".....
    Then introduce yourself.
    Regards,
    MaryAnna

I'm in, really need to use some of this stuff up. After the 1st of the year when I get caught up with making gifts, baby showers, Disney, Thanksgiving and Christmas. That starts next week around here. I am diving in. I may have a bunch to give away also. You newbies keep me posted if you need stash scraps, might as well help a beginner. Also any one saving salvages let me know. Diane

hi guys !! I wanted to suggest we all do a christmas Quilt show on here.I love looking at christmas anything!! and snow people coount, too!!

That is a great idea!!! Count me in!!

I like that idea! Count me in.
    Nita

Blog Entries
    Do you all realize that this was lst posted in 2007. i didn't notice that right away, but did one anyway. and my daughter chose it over an easy 4 patch i was going to give her. but, everyone is still doing these, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sewNso
    Do you all realize that this was lst posted in 2007. i didn't notice that right away, but did one anyway. and my daughter chose it over an easy 4 patch i was going to give her. but, everyone is still doing these, right?
    toooo funny[u]

OMG, this is too darn funny; No, I did not notice that this challenge was started way back in in 2007. So, what's the story? Is there still a scrap quilt challenge going on two years later? I recently went to a Scrap Therapy class and I've been trying to organize my scrap stash according to thieir method. Gonna take awhile before I get it all under control, though ...... I've got alot! I'm looking forward to putting all these organized scraps to good use someday ...... lots of scrappy quilts, I hope.

I'm still following the challenge. I make scrappy quilts and donate them all the time but someone fertilized my scraps when I wasn't looking cause I STILL have to many. Time for more scrap quilts...

Picture soon.

Sharon

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I am working on the binding for another scrap quilt.

Blog Entries
    yes, it was started in 2007. notice there ar 18 pages to this 'thread'. Us new people join, and see stuff and think 'FUN" . the lady that started this commented within in the last 2 pages, that yes, she did start this but that it was still going strong, and 'people are still getting with it'.

mine was a 8 inch square, with a red center, like someone had suggested, and it turned out real nice. I always say i tend towards a dollie parton kind of color theme, but only because i'm totally color/pattarn challanged. but a lot of it turns out beautiful, anyway. So, these squares were just thrown together. AND MY DAUGHTER WITH THE GOOD TASTE, WANTED IT.

Blog Entries
    What are UFO'S? UNFINISHED ________?

unfinished objects, sewNso.
    I have too many to mention :oops: :oops:

I also have a great supply of scraps. So, even if this challenge was for 2008, having read it today for the first time, I take the challenge. The year 2010 will be my year to use up the scraps/stash that has been accumulating from 35 years of sewing garments and quilts (only 10 years of quilts, so this should be interesting :roll: :lol: :lol: )

My current destination for the quilts will be quilts for kids, as they ask for a second quilt when you do a kit for them. But when I get to the 30's fabrics, well... I hope I can keep one for myself :wink:

Through another thread, I saw Bonnie's site. She has neat ideas for using men's shirts. That is another source of fabric I want to tackle, as my sweetheart has several shirts that have worn out at collar and cuffs, and can't be worn for work any more. I hope that will be something he enjoys, having his shirts back in a different form! :D :-o :D

Thanks for keeping this thread at the top of the list. We all could donate our time and quilts, and the world will be better for it.

Blog Entries
    Well, i book marked this. busy, busy, few days coming up. and i want to be able to find the site for scrap quilt pattrns. it was on one of these 18 pages. wasn't it?

I too started 'reading' from the beginning, and then looked at the date..lol..I am ALWAYS a day late and in this case, a couple a years! But, I have scraps too that have multiplied, and I did take a scrap therapy class to use them up...NOT! I have cut tons of squares, and I am in the process of making a scrappy quilt out of all of those 2 and a half inch squares into 4 patches to do one of Bonnie Hunters Bricks and Stepping stones quilt. I am also doing a scrappy quilt, again with the 4 patches, with another block off set, which makes a star, and it is so cool. I make two matching blocks, and move on. It is taking time, as they always do, but I still have not made a dent! The challenge is on, I am going to try NOT to buy any fabric in 2010, and vow to use up as much of my stash as I can. ONly buy when I really have to. So, keep the challenge alive..and I will be here. Joanie A.

im in but i will send pictures LOL

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast