Quilt Challenge!

Old 03-07-2008, 07:04 PM

Here are two quilts made from the stash.

dd
Old 03-07-2008, 08:11 PM

Very nice, dd - are they charity quilts?
Old 03-07-2008, 11:08 PM

dd.. where did you get the pattern for the second one? Or what is the pattern called. I LOVE IT!!
Old 03-08-2008, 03:29 AM

Love em both, good job
Old 03-08-2008, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Connie Hadba
Well, it's 2008 and I finished this one on January 2, just over the wire. This is a crib quilt made for teachers I work with who are expecting their first child. I began it before they found out it wil be a girl, but I had already planned for that.

The front is made from all the pink pieces I could find in my stash. The back is made from all the blue pieces I could find. I did not cut any of the strips to size, they are the width that I had. Only the half-square triangles are cut but from pieces that I already had at that size.

I was experimenting with a quilt as you go method, so it went together fairly quickly. :-)

So, I guess we can say it is a sample for the scrap challenge. The happy couple received the blanket yesterday and were delighted with it, thank God. :D

Connie

Connie: I really like your boy/girl quilt idea. I also like the way you did the blocks. All the same fabric half triangle in each diagnol (Sorry about the spelling...too early in the am, I think! :roll: ) row sewed to what looks like a scrappy triangle to make your square blocks. Cool! I like it.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:45 AM

I only have one container of scraps...............but I do have a lot of stuff I started and some whole blocks and a shelf of smallpieces..............We have a cat shelter......and a local nursing home.........those are where mine will go
Old 03-08-2008, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
I only have one container of scraps...............but I do have a lot of stuff I started and some whole blocks and a shelf of smallpieces..............We have a cat shelter......and a local nursing home.........those are where mine will go
Ruth: I'm so glad to hear you give blankies to the animal shelter. We foster kitties for our rescue shelter and when each our kitties is adopted I make them a flannel quilt about 20 inches square and lay it on the chair where our kitties like to sleep so when the kitten goes to his new home he has the smells of his siblings and old home with him. Our quilt group also makes laprobs and quilts for nursing home and our local VET's Home but we don't do as many for the nursing and VETS home as we do for the kids. All are excellent, worthy and needy places for our handiwork.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by hannahsmom
dd.. where did you get the pattern for the second one? Or what is the pattern called. I LOVE IT!!

They were baby gifts. The second one if from Elenor Burns "Quick Trip Quilts" book, it is "Trip Around the World.

dd
Old 03-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Banned

:? :wink: Mmmm I don't have much scraps but I have lots stashed away, The reason I began to learn to piece is , I Love to Machine Quilt and needed more to do. So I am learning the piecing last, I Join the Challenge for 2008.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:37 AM

decurvy:
If your little girl grows into her feet she may be a BIG girl! Thank you for rescueing her when nobody wanted her. It makes my heart happy to hear of people like you who will take an unwanted animal and give it a loving home. There are so many homeless animals. THANK YOU!