Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 55 of 166 FirstFirst ... 5 45 54 55 56 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Blog Entries

Another one down.

I have another finish. Onaemtnest's turtles. (made as a special request from a board member.) You know, that saying when you fill your plate with too much food...."Your eyes are bigger then your stomach". Well, I think I did that with the turtles. I have 3 more little ones that just need their shells attached. And four bigger ones that are just a fraction of the way finished. But, I do have one completely finished. Mailed off and received. These really are the cutest things. And after the initial first one, very easy. But, they are more time consuming then I thought they would be.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much everybody. And, I'm going to keep fitting in at least one UFO a month. Because I still have a few things to finished. Things I want to finish.! Besides, I love coming here to see all the pretty finished projects. My projects are simple. (that's how I quilt right now) But yours are sew inspiring. And as my quilting skills grow....I am inspired to try new things. Funny, finding out I'm going to be a grandma...I'm just giddy, happy, all smiles. And, hopefully that will show in my quilting as well.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Fraew: That is very beautiful. That will be a real conversation piece. I love how it circles
    Mary

Judith: Thoses are so cute and useful also. Really like it.
    Mary

Those are darling!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    Wow you are fast! Two quilts quilted in one day! Awesome quilts!
    Thanks...I decided to just SITD on both of them...they are both lapquilts, so not bad to do. I use 4 oz. poly batting, so they don't need real close quilting...& they stay soft & cuddly. I like my quilts with not a great amount of close quilting so they stay softer...plus I do all this on my Janome 6600. Would love a longarm, but no room.

Sherry, I love your rag quilt...you're right, clipping at the end kills your hands. I made a queen size a few years ago & I remember that clipping!

Quote Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
    Thanks...I decided to just SITD on both of them...they are both lapquilts, so not bad to do. I use 4 oz. poly batting, so they don't need real close quilting...& they stay soft & cuddly. I like my quilts with not a great amount of close quilting so they stay softer...plus I do all this on my Janome 6600. Would love a longarm, but no room.
    I'd love a longarm also....maybe some day. You did good!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
    Well, January came & went & I got no UFO's done...so I decided to jump right in & get things going this month. I have several quilt tops that just need quilting & binding. I have to be in the mood to do the quilting, so when I get into that mood, I lay sheets all over the room to get ready for the spray baste (it still gets everywhere) & it will stay like this for a week or two till I get the tops all ready for the quilting process. So yesterday I got 2 quilt tops ready & today I quilted & bound them. So January & February UFO's are taken care of! (Happy dance...) Actually, killed 3 birds with 1 stone on this one...the finished quilts for this challenge, a scrappy quilt for the scrappy challenge on the board, & the UFO challenge for the quilt guild I'm in. Anyway, here are the 2 totally finished quilts. I did the tops while visiting my daughter in N.C. for 3 weeks in May '11. I made about a half dozen tops during that time as I sew while she's at work. The scrappy one is the leader/ender scrap quilt (& stash). The daisy one was a spur of the moment buy...saw the blue, yellow, & pink daisy fabric (I think it was at her Hancocks fabrics), so found a couple other fabrics to go with it, shopped in her quiltbooks to find a pattern I liked (forget what it's called and by who), and made the top. Finishing, I shopped my stash. So, my UFO's will begin by getting all those finished.
    I like the fabrics in your quilts, especially that daisy one..
    You really got busy! Congrats on the finishes.

I have several tops done and, like you, I have to be in the mood for quilting. It's my least favorite part of the process and I have to push myself to do it.
    This thread on UFOs helps keep me motivated.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherryquilts View Post
    I need to stop procrastinating and get a photo posted. I finished a quick purple flannel and recycled denim rag quilt that had been cut out for a couple of years. When I make rag quilts I like to clip the seams as I sew; it is way to hard on my hands to do it all at the end.
    Nice cozy quilt.
    Congrats on the finish.
    That's a good idea...to clip as you go.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Page 55 of 166 FirstFirst ... 5 45 54 55 56 65 105 155 ... LastLast