Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Air Fryers >

Air Fryers

Air Fryers

Old 01-22-2017, 02:19 PM

Default Air Fryers

Can only find posts from several years ago. Does anyone have & use an air Fryer?

Have seen the adv on tv & looked at the usual stores on line. Can't figure out what the difference is between a hundred dollar model & the more expensive....to me.

Kind of leary about ordering things on line as returns are a pain.Tell me the brand you use would you buy it again? Is it used seldom or used often? As you see......I know nothing.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:23 AM

I have the one from the tv and like how it bakes . I have done chicken in it and it seems too dry to me. I like French fries from it , little or no oil and they get real browned. I made little pizzas and bread pudding in it and they were good also. Just got it Christmas so new at it myself. It is easy to clean . Hope that helps some.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:38 AM

I bought an inexpensive one at Walmart last year...in store demo, weak moment for me........well, honestly, I have used it probably less than a dozen times...don't eat French fries as a general thing....in summer used for roasting fresh veggies....so this black egg shaped thing sits on my counter...it may end up at my garage sale this spring......I guess I'm just so used to stove/oven cooking......
Old 01-23-2017, 06:37 AM

I bought one from a TV show and didn't like it at all. I tried frozen fries, onion rings, etc. and they just clumped together and didn't brown. I sent it back the next day but perhaps they have made changes to the unit since then.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat View Post
Can only find posts from several years ago. Does anyone have & use an air Fryer?

Have seen the adv on tv & looked at the usual stores on line. Can't figure out what the difference is between a hundred dollar model & the more expensive....to me.

Kind of leary about ordering things on line as returns are a pain.Tell me the brand you use would you buy it again? Is it used seldom or used often? As you see......I know nothing.
I have the NuWave Brio which might be small for some but it works out great for us. It was a gift but I would definitely buy an air fryer again. I have not had the chipping that some of the larger units seem to be experiencing.

I use daily, fries are the bomb. I make breaded chicken breasts that turn out crisp and moist. I have made pork chops, as far as baking goes, I have made a cake (used half a package) as well as brownies. yum.

I have had this since around October and have gotten a lot of use of it. The only downside is my unit has a mesh basket so sometimes have to soak it to clean around the edges.

Love it love love it! I don't have to turn on an oven for a small amount of food (just the two of us and he's not big on leftovers). Oh, I made fried tofu too..yum for me.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I bought an inexpensive one at Walmart last year...in store demo, weak moment for me........well, honestly, I have used it probably less than a dozen times...don't eat French fries as a general thing....in summer used for roasting fresh veggies....so this black egg shaped thing sits on my counter...it may end up at my garage sale this spring......I guess I'm just so used to stove/oven cooking......
Just need to experiment...I use a meat thermometer on anything meat, and keep an eye on when it is brown enough, whatever. I use foil sometimes to keep from overbrowning.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
I bought one from a TV show and didn't like it at all. I tried frozen fries, onion rings, etc. and they just clumped together and didn't brown. I sent it back the next day but perhaps they have made changes to the unit since then.
You can make all kind of chicken dishes, as well as pork chops, steak, hamburgers, etc. Lots of possibilities but might have to research a little. Face book has great air frying groups.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:28 AM

You should have some more recent posts but search isn't all that sometimes.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:37 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes...r-t283216.html
Old 01-23-2017, 10:59 AM

Ok...so how in the world do you bake a cake...all mine has is a base like a colendar......