Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Do you have a favorite "easy" food you make ? >

Do you have a favorite "easy" food you make ?

Do you have a favorite "easy" food you make ?

Old 10-26-2016, 02:44 PM

I have several, but this is one go to. Mashed potatoes (either left over or fresh made), bacon and kielbasa or other similar sausage (I use the Adels chicken sausage). Cook the bacon until crisp (I use pre-cooked so I just warm it in the microwave), heat the mashed potatoes and kielbasa, toss in the bacon. I also sometimes toss in grated cheese.

My go to pork chops are simple, but take longer to cook. In a frying pan, brown the pork chops, take one package of Lipton onion soup mix over the top, add enough water to just cover the pork chops, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until tender.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:51 PM

My favorite side is Spinach Feta and Tomatoes. Cook chopped onions, salt and pepper in a large skillet using water instead of oil. Add lots of spinach. I purchase two 11 oz boxes of fresh spinach. When it's wilted and partially cooked, add cherry tomatoes cut in half. Let them soften a little, add feta and let it melt blending with the little water in the pan. It makes a kind of sauce. Yum!
Old 10-26-2016, 03:13 PM

Sweet crockpot meatballs;
2 lbs frozen meatballs
12 oz heinz chili sauce
16 oz grape jelly

Low heat in crockpot for 2-3 hours and enjoy!
Old 10-26-2016, 04:07 PM
Power Poster

Well I am tired of cooking and tired of thinking of things to cook. Luckily Mr Stitchnripper is not fussy and just happy to have a meal. my go to is boneless skinless chicken breasts sprinkled liberally with one of several different spice mixes we like and cook them on the George Foreman grill. The trick is not to overlook. The grill has removable plates and it's nonstick so easy to clean. Then heat up a bag of vegetables in the microwave. Sometimes he will make himself minute rice. Sometimes there is something else in the fridge he likes. I've been happy with a frozen dinner lately.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:34 PM

Mine is a copycat recipe of Panera Bread's Broccoli and Cheese soup.

2 Tbs butter + 3 Tbs flour in the bottom of a 4 qt. pan, cook to make a thick paste.

Add 2 cups of milk slowly, stirring constantly.

Then add 2 cups water
1 Tbs chicken bouillon
2 10oz. pkgs frozen chopped broccoli
1 or 2 shredded carrots
4 Tbs dried minced onion
salt and pepper to your liking

Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 mins.

Add 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, stir and serve with a crusty bread.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:11 AM

This one is WAY too easy to be as yummy as it is! It's called Mississippi Roast.

Put tenderizer on a roast (both sides) and poke it all over with a fork. Throw it in a CrockPot.

Sprinkle on a packet of powdered Au Jus mix, a packet of powdered Ranch Dressing mix, then plunk a stick of butter on top (I only use half a stick). Put 5 pepperoncini peppers on top. Cook the roast in the CrockPot as you normally would. No need to add water.

YUM!!!
Old 10-27-2016, 05:07 AM

Moonrise, that sounds so good and different. I don't eat beef--think I'll try it with a pork roast.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Friday1961 View Post
We do this dish, which we also call "goulash" but add a can or two -- depending on how much ground beef we're using -- of pork 'n beans. It's also a great camping favorite and can be cooked on a camp fire grate in an iron skillet or iron dutch oven. With garlic bread and a salad, it's a pretty good meal.
My husband is one of those weird people who have an aversion to beans. When he's not going to be home, I cook black beans and rice for myself. He won't touch them. Strange, I know, but what can I say? lol
Old 10-27-2016, 09:21 AM

I am loving this thread! I have a quick question.....on the recipes where you bake it in the oven (like chicken with the soup, etc.).........do you cover the pan or are these all cooked without cover? I always question myself on whether I need to cover the baking pan or cook it uncovered?!?

Thanks everyone....