Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite pots and pans

Blog Entries
    It's about time to replace the pots I've had for over 10 years and I am looking for feedback from you cooks as to what is the best cookware you can recommend? I've had non-stick that I was happy with in the beginning but as time passed, it got scratched and it is definitely time to replace. Tell me what you prefer and why. And if money were no object, what would you have in your kitchens? Thanks.

Revere Ware without question, the ones with the copper bottoms. I love mine, will never buy non-stick again.

Don't cook enough to be of help ..

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Hi Anna, my husband is the major cook here. He loves IronClad and Henckels, He also said anything that is copper-clad.
    We've had Revere Ware since our wedding and it's still going strong after many years!! :D

Blog Entries
    Macy's has a great sale on All Clad but since I've never used them, I wanted to get some confirmation from people who cook a lot. Thanks for your posts.

Blog Entries
    Miss Anna, I have a lot of Revere ware but for fry pans I totally love Earth Pans. No oil needed and they never stick. Wipe them out with a paper towel. If you can hold off, watch for the next Meyer sale in Vallejo. Huge savings on lots of brands. Google them for info.
    Also sending you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK
    It's about time to replace the pots I've had for over 10 years and I am looking for feedback from you cooks as to what is the best cookware you can recommend? I've had non-stick that I was happy with in the beginning but as time passed, it got scratched and it is definitely time to replace. Tell me what you prefer and why. And if money were no object, what would you have in your kitchens? Thanks.
    The ones that come wrapped in fabric of course!!!! :lol:

My husband and I bought a set of Salad Master cook ware in 1965. Although I thought it was overpriced at the time, it has shown little ware and still looks really good 46 years later. At this point, I really feel like it is going to last us for the rest of our lives. Does anyone know if Salad Master is even in business today?

I have a set of All Clad which I love and a set of heavy copper bottomed Revere Ware which I don't think they make anymore, at least not the heavier ones. I've been looking for a few good nonstick skillets and I think I want ManPans. Google them to see what they're like. A Le Creuset dutch oven and a Fagor pressure cooker is also great to have.

If $$$ were no object then all Le Creuset for me. Their large frypan makes yummy fried chicken!

I have 30+ y.o. Revere too but only use the sauce pans and stockpot, not the skillets. For skillets I like the nonstick from Sam's or Costco and I just get new every few years when they get chipped. Well, more like every 5-10 years.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast