Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Salmon

Salmon

I use the individual packaged frozen salmon steaks, 7 or so in a bag, from Costco that they have on special every few months. I put them on foil on a broiler pan, cookie sheet, (I have a cast iron griddle that I put the foil on.) I put a little salt, and quite a few shakes of lemon pepper, then broil for about 6-7 minutes, til done. The lemon pepper gets black and makes a good crust.

I use the same Salmon from Costco...I put mine on a piece parchment paper...Put a pat of butter on top and sprinkle with Tones Salmon seasoning..Fold the parchment up like a package and microwave for 6 1/2 min. for 2 steaks..Yum..

Sweet Spicy Glazed Salmon from Marian Burros book "20 Minute Menus".
    In a saucepan, combine 3 Tablespoons dark brown sugar, 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce, 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar. Bring to a boil over low heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place Salmon on a foil lined pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven. Brush fish with the prepared sauce. Broil the fillets 3 inches from heat for 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily. WATCH CAREFULLY SO AS NOT TO BURN IT. Ask me how I know!

Cooked with lemon slices can make for a really nice salmon ... baked or stove top.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I like to spread dijon mustard on top and sprinkle with dill. Sometimes just the dill.
    Alyce

I ground up nuts (pecans or walnuts), mix with a bit of flour. After patting it all around each salmon piece I quick "fry" them using minimul butter. Hubby loves it!
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨Count your blessings, not your problems. ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪

Maple Syrup glaze!!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Pile of fresh spinach. Salmon sprinkled with hubby's meat rub. Sliced onions and a dollop of butter on top on salmon. Bake in oven and serve on your favorite rice w/black-eyed peas as a side.
    Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years.

"I, myself, am entirely made of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."

I put them under the broiler for a few minutes on each side. And then brush barbeque sauce on the salmon. Put back under the broiler to char up the sauce. I usually serve the salmon over long grain and wild rice with asparagus as a veggie. With the asparagus clean and remove the woody part of the stalk. Put the asparagus into a flat shallow glass dish pour in some olive oil, thin sliced garlic cloves (2 or 3), spray a cookie sheet with Pam and spread the asparagus out in a flat layer.
    Place under the broiler fro a about 3 minutes, shake the cookie sheet to move the asparagus around and broil for another 3 to 4 minutes. They should have a nice roasted color to them.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Cooked with lemon slices can make for a really nice salmon ... baked or stove top.
    I cook with lemon slices as well...I put mine under the salmon and then it does not stick to foil or pan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast