Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #3  aka rab #3 >

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Old 02-27-2015, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by craftyone27 View Post
Sorry to say this ladies but I may end up dropping out of this boom. I notice a few of you are California girls so the Weather Channel may not be a favorite for you. But if you have watched this week you may have seen my town on the news. We were forecast to have 6 - 18 inches of snow but luckily we only got about 9 inches. It is lovely to look at and always inspires me to quilt but 3 or 4 inches can shut us down for a week. We just aren't equipped for it. My concern is that I won't be able to get my F8s out until Monday. I may be able to get them out Sat morning but the overnight temp is forecast to be 16 which means really icy roads. I don't want to hold up the group so whatever you all decide is fine with me. I have a pattern chosen I can't seem to find the name but it's pretty straight forward -mostly HSTs. Please let know how to proceed - Thanks
Please, don't drop out. We were told not to mail out our fabric prior to March 1st. So you won't be holding us up any.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:16 AM

Agree with everyone else please don't drop out, this has been a rough winter for all, I understand very well living the northeast. we were tole to hold on sending so as far as I know no one has sent out yet, I as well will not be sending out till Monday.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:19 AM

Maybe post a picture of the square and maybe someone can tell you what the name is, I know I couldn't but that isn't saying the others maybe able too. lol
Old 02-27-2015, 09:47 AM

Happylab....I hate the traffic. Yep did I mention I hate the traffic.

Craftyone27. I wouldn't worry about not getting out because of weather. Even though I live here in southern CA, I grew up in New England. I figured that if we mail out the first week in March and I receive the packages by the 7th of march, I can send them back to everyone on March 9th. So don't worry. You still can join but the important thing is that you need to send me your information. I have not received your vitals yet. We are down to the wire and I need to know exactly how many people are in the group.

Kassandra, if you still want to join you need to send me your vitals too.

If we do not receive any notice from these two, then LJdugas if you still want to do a second set you can. I will do a second set too. That should get us all our 16 blocks.

Southern CA is expecting rain for the next 4 days. Miracles of miracles. I sure hope that happens. We do have overcast today but who knows. Here when you see dark clouds you just laugh as you know they will disappear. When I lived back east and you saw dark clouds, you knew the rain was coming. Our mountains have been stunning as they have had white beautiful snow and it looked like it was down to the 4,000 level. But the next day we had 80 temps and it went back to just the peaks having white caps. So this rain will also bring snow again to the mountains. They are pretty to look at. You go to the store and park you car with the landscape of palm trees with white snow cap mountains in the distance. It is surreal. Trying to get my mo jo up to go for my walk. Hard to do when all I want to do is sit and sew. I think I will go buy my material today at M & L. Then cut it up and get it in the little plastic baggie.....oh wait, I have to go buy baggies. Ok I am off to the store. If I run around the stores, I'll count that as my exercise.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:54 AM

Craftyone- I concur with the others. Dont drop out! Sounds like Barb can still keep
us on track! But also stay safe. Ice is not nice!

I'm back home in the midwest- Chicagoland is set to get hit this weekend as well. Must say I didnt mind the mid-60s in cali. It sure is cold at home!
Old 02-27-2015, 11:02 AM

If you are concerned with weather impacting your ability to mail, you can print postage on the usps website and schedule a pick up. I almost always do it - plus you get a discount for using the website. If you buy a large flat rate at the po itself, it's $18. On the web, it's $15.80 - a $2.20 discount. Can't beat that with a stick.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:41 PM

Please don't drop out!!! I too live in a town that is snow storm after snow storm. We have 120inches this winter plus more on the way!!!! Not good, Yes I will do 2 sets if need be,
Old 02-27-2015, 12:54 PM

Just so I dont hate myself later- F8 is 18x11, yes?
Old 02-27-2015, 01:11 PM

This swap looks so fun! I would love to join, but I don't have time to gather fabric and patterns etc before deadline. 8( Hopefully there will be a similar swap in the future. Happy sewing! =D
Old 02-27-2015, 02:12 PM

I have never been so excited to wash, iron, and cut a bundle of tan fabric! Or any fabric for that matter. My fabric may be a little on the dull side, but I wanted to let folks pull whatever they liked from stashes that they felt went with the general theme. The color reminds me of burlap a bit which I think has a nice farmhouse feel yay!!