Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-08-2015, 06:52 PM
DJ

Greetings!

You are all so far ahead of me and doing such lovely work! I haven't been slacking off though. I'm working on a king size bear claw quilt. I have all the bear claw blocks done and the alternate bear silhouette applique blocks ready to stitch around the bears. I started this quilt late in 2014, so it's not that old. Once I get the machine piecing done, I'll be hand quilting it in the evenings, so my daytime hours, hopefully can be focused on other UFOs.

Keep up all the good work and lovely show-and-tell!
Old 02-08-2015, 10:18 PM

BettyB ... love your quilt! It's a great way to use scraps. Thanks for the link!
judy363905... nice job on your quilt ... love how you did the back!
Old 02-09-2015, 06:44 AM

Judy: You could call your quilt Arizona. It so captures the colors I think of when I think of AZ. Congrats on the finish!

I am being more productive then it appears, this year I've completed two UFO's including making the binding, the flimsy and piecing the back. What I need to do is sit down and start quilting.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:01 AM

OMGosh....The last two quilts are wonderful! I love your bright scrappy one, BettyB. They look like bright happy cone trees. And, Hole In The Wall is perfect. Love the colors.
I am going to start quilting my Feb. UFO today. A baby quilt, so it shouldn't take too long. The pattern is simple because the fabric is so cute. It's all about penguins, with a baby penguin being the cutest.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:06 AM

judy363905, I like your Hole in the Wall quilt. I have one very similar to it, except it's called Garden Path or Garden Fence, depending which source I use.

BettyB, I like your scrappy triangles. I have come to love making scrappies, so that's another pattern I can put on my list for the really small pieces.

Very nice work ladies!
Old 02-10-2015, 02:11 PM

Great quilt.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:13 PM

Emma...do we get pictures of frotn and back of your finishes???
Old 02-11-2015, 05:33 AM

I finally finished my son's quilt (my January goal). It was a "murphy's law" quilt. It started with a jelly roll that didn't have any consistently sized strips and continued through various mishaps to the fusible binding that didn't stick.
He must have liked it though because it has headed back to school with him before I could get a decent picture of it.
Now my new goal is to finish quilting my very yellow quilt by the end of February.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:26 AM

Coffee: Congrats on the finish. Its really funny how some quilts go together without a hitch and others are trouble from the start. The process is magical though, because there always seems to be someone who loves it. Really want to see your yellow quilt. When I was a child my favorite color was yellow, just recently I've started using much more of it in my quilts.
Sandy: Yes, when I get that quilting done, I will take pictures of both side. When others post their pieced backs, I so enjoy them so I figure there are probably others that feel the same way.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:39 AM

ok I have a whole roll of jelly strips.. pastel arrangement and for the life of me cant find anything I am dying to make. sigh that roll has sat in the my drawer for over 2 yrs! whats wrong with me?

that picture of Phx first the quilt was great. lovely and done so very well. second I want to come and stay with you forever. warm weather, sunshine and a pool. I am all in! used to live in Sedona and miss it tremendously but we seldom had pools out there. a bit cooler than Phx. ok ok I could use phx in the winter (snow bird label me I don't care but need Sedona for other months. its a bit cooler at night there lol.

thinking of doing binding today. ugh but necessary. if I get it on the quilt that will be enough for one or two days and slowly then I will bind it. feel like such a dork. had that quilted since Christmas! have I bound it? no. I hate binding. my hands turn into claws in short order. can do maybe one side then I need a two day break. that witchy bent finger thing is not so very pretty. wish I could machine bind it. have not learned how to do that well enough to give as a gift yet. if only my machine was happier with invisible thread lol.