Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-28-2011, 02:48 PM

Like Candace says, I've had stuff come with machines that didn't belong. It's possible.
    Old 08-28-2011, 04:31 PM

Does any one have a bobbin plate for a Margaret sewing machine, that they would like to sell? Margaret is made by Morse. Thank you for checking. Kathie S.
    Old 08-28-2011, 05:58 PM

I sent you an e-mail, but the washer isn't in any of the directions nor is it on any of the feet I've seen on the net. It could easily be a part that "found" its way into your box or something the prior owner used. Mine does not have this felt washer.[/quote]

thanks for the email, just to update, it's rubber and it wasn't just loose in the box. i had taken the foot to the Atl get together, put it on my FW and run the machine for about 10 mins with the foot on it and when I went to pull it off the machine to put it back in it's box, it seemed to leap off the penguin!! so you can inagine why i thouoght it came off the foot. But I do agree i don't see anything on Candace's, nor is it in my pictures in the manual so i guess i will write it off as look i have a piece left over afterwards
    :mrgreen:
    Old 08-28-2011, 06:14 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
    Does any one have a bobbin plate for a Margaret sewing machine, that they would like to sell? Margaret is made by Morse. Thank you for checking. Kathie S.
    What does it look like?
    Old 08-28-2011, 06:22 PM

Need to see a pic, please.
    Old 08-28-2011, 07:32 PM

I restored a white Featherweight for a freind. The serial number is EV994362 and when I checked the Singer web sight the serial number is listed as a 196K. What manual do I print for her a 221K or is there a 196K machine that is the same as a 221K?
    Old 08-28-2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
    Miriam and Tommi I will try to take a picture and have Nancy post it to this group. This machine is small like a Featherweight
    and has very pretty flower decals. Kathie
    Old 08-29-2011, 12:00 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by KenZ
    I restored a white Featherweight for a freind. The serial number is EV994362 and when I checked the Singer web sight the serial number is listed as a 196K. What manual do I print for her a 221K or is there a 196K machine that is the same as a 221K?
    Get the 221K, Singer has a few numbers and allotments messed up in their records but for the most part they are dead on.

Billy
    Old 08-29-2011, 12:23 AM

New CL posting - what do you all think - anyone interested - and what would you offer?

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2567751779.html
    Antique Singer Sewing Machine - $1 (Hilton)
    This is an Antique Singer Leather Sewing Machine. It moves freely, has the number 29-4 on the front plate. I have no idea how much this is worth. Need to clean out the garage. Make me an offer!

Plus an old favorite posting is back - guess they are trying again! Should have saved the one I got for $1.50 at the tag sale!
    http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2522139398.html
    Old 08-29-2011, 01:52 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by tomilu
    Miriam and Tommi I will try to take a picture and have Nancy post it to this group. This machine is small like a Featherweight
    and has very pretty flower decals. Kathie
    I found one on line. Cute. How big is the plate? Looks good sized - maybe generic? I was expecting something very small.