BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-22-2016, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554420[/ATTACH]Hope y'all can see this - it's from Mary Engelbreit's "Bowl of Cherries" for VIP. Selvage says it was printed in 2008. I cut it generously so anyone can use it as background if they want to. There's only about 4, maybe 5 colors in the print. I like just about anything in quilts but I tend to make geometrics and stars, though I do branch out occasionally. I've cut and bagged 20 pieces, now off to print the notes for inside the baggies. Keep the scraps if you will use them. Otherwise send them back to me so I can make fill-in blocks. No fabric should go to waste, ya know! One of these days maybe I'll make that charm quilt I've dreamed of.
Oh, I think I know what I would do w/ that, but I'm not in the 2 month group (yet)
Old 07-22-2016, 11:10 AM

I had 100's of little triangle pieces cut off quilts I made and knew Id never use them so posted on here to ask if anyone wanted some scraps.. (and I got a slap on the wrist because I posted in the "wrong section".. ) LOL..anyhow I ended up going thru fabric that Ive had for years...probably will NEVER use so I mailed 4 different women a box apiece of fabric that I hope they would use in charity quilts...Fabric I bought years ago at Wal Mart..when it was cheaper....florals I would never use..etc...Guess what?? My drawers have filled back up with yet more fabric that I may never use! LOL I agree its expensive to mail but it felt good to give back to people!! None of it was solid color...some was scraps but most was cuts of fabric I wouldnt use.. Ive got 32 baggies made...looks like I might need 8 more!
Old 07-22-2016, 11:28 AM

I haven't even started making baggies yet. I do need to get some more paint chips at the paint dept to show color though.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I'm solidly in the scrap keeping group too
My scraps are beginning to keep me. Busy straightening & sorting. But I have hope for a plan for them someday!
Old 07-22-2016, 11:50 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554420[/ATTACH]Hope y'all can see this - it's from Mary Engelbreit's "Bowl of Cherries" for VIP. Selvage says it was printed in 2008. I cut it generously so anyone can use it as background if they want to. There's only about 4, maybe 5 colors in the print. I like just about anything in quilts but I tend to make geometrics and stars, though I do branch out occasionally. I've cut and bagged 20 pieces, now off to print the notes for inside the baggies. Keep the scraps if you will use them. Otherwise send them back to me so I can make fill-in blocks. No fabric should go to waste, ya know! One of these days maybe I'll make that charm quilt I've dreamed of.
Very Cheery! I can't wait. So glad to be in both groups! But now I'm off to take son & family to the airport for a vacation before their oldest leaves for basic Coast Guard training & school starts here 8/01.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

Cute Chair of Bowlies fabric, All2Pieces. I have it in white and blue, plus lots of other Englebrites in similar colors, so I'm set on you.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:31 PM

Kasaundra - I have extra that I'd be quite willing to mail to you in exchange (wink wink ) LOL It would be nice to have enough finished blocks for a queen quilt.

sewbizgirl - you're right, I probably got the name wrong. What did you make with it? Mine has been in storage pretty much since I bought it.

GramE - Tell your grandchild "Thanks" for their service. The Coasties worked as hazardous materials inspectors in Iraq when I was there. Doubt that happens as often now, but drug interdiction and pollution control as well as rescue is a BIG job.

Cheers!
Old 07-22-2016, 03:37 PM

Kasaundra - I have extra that I'd be quite willing to mail to you in exchange (wink wink ) LOL It would be nice to have enough finished blocks for a queen quilt.

sewbizgirl - you're right, I probably got the name wrong. What did you make with it? Mine has been in storage pretty much since I bought it.

GramE - Tell your grandchild "Thanks" for their service. The Coasties worked as hazardous materials inspectors in Iraq when I was there. Doubt that happens as often now, but drug interdiction and pollution control as well as rescue is a BIG job.

Cheers!
I'm still deciding if I am going to be in the 2 month group, but if not we can work that out for sure.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

Well I got Engelbreit wrong! Spelled it wrong...

I have made a couple of Engelbreit wall hangings and also used this fabric in I Spy quilts. It mostly sits in my stash.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I'm still deciding if I am going to be in the 2 month group (snip).
Yes! You know you want to! You and four others need to jump on into the 2 month group so we can get it going!