Kindle

Old 03-25-2012, 01:19 PM

My DH got me a Kindle Touch. He has the Fire and basic Kindle and gets nice special offers on it that I can get as well since they are all on one account. I also have an iPad and iPhone 4 that I use the Kindle app on. I get the free books and others off Amazon and can go back and forth between the phone and ipad reading the same book since they sync to each other. I love all of them!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:27 PM

I have the cheapest Kindle, one of the most expensive desk top computers, and a brand new Ipod. They all do things unique and have plus values that the others do not. I love the Kindle for the ease of putting in my purse and reading while I am waiting at the doctor's and in bed.
I always have at least 10 books waiting to be read and am considering getting my favorite Bible for devotions. I didn't want to pay more because I didn't want to do more on it. My games are played on the desk or the Ipad.
I don't want to email on it. I don't want to shop on it. I only want to read. For that it is perfect.

Last edited by TanyaL; 03-25-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:25 PM

I have a Kindle Fire. I LOVE it! I can get to youtube for tutorials while at my sewing machine. I have tons of books that I have downloaded from amazon and can syc from my Fire to my laptop to my Android x so that I am never without a book to read.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

The $79 Kindles are great for families to have several and just swap Kindles to read other's books. It won't be long when schools will go to digital books. It will save them thousands of dollars and the books can be instantly updated not having to wait years to get new ones.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:21 PM
lbc

My daughter bought me the 3G kindle and I love it. I actually got a two in one gift because my brother then put me on his account so I could read his books too. He is an avid reader and has always bought his books (I use the library) and we now have 115 books in the kindle. I think I have only bought four but have downloaded free ones. It is wonderful for travel which I am sure is why my daughter bought it for me. I showed up at her house with my suitcase packed with books.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:29 PM

So, please, for all of you out there who have the Kindle Fire, please can you compare it with the old Kindles that used the e-ink? The screen is so easy to read that I hesitate to switch to a Fire. Especially in the sun.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:43 PM

I love my Kindle! It is the 3g one. I love the fact that you can carry lots of books around at one time (just in case you finish one while you are at the doctor or waiting somewhere).
Old 03-25-2012, 07:20 PM

i got a Kindle for Christmas and i love it, i joined the prime club at Amazon and that makes it so much easier to get free reading and games
Old 03-25-2012, 07:34 PM

DH bought me the Kindle touch -- did not think I would like it and now I am buying far too many book (I try to buy $3.99 or less) and it is great fun. In order to limit myself, I buy the Amazon gift cards at the local safeway and use them to buy books -- that way I don't run up a big charge bill.

In addition to books, I have a couple of addictive, free games.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:01 PM

Kindle is a great way to go if you only want to purchase books from Amazon. You cannot purchas from Barns and Noble though.