Kindle

Old 04-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

I get emails every day from Pixel of Ink listing all the free Kindle books. Many famous authors will have a freebie every now and then. Those books are only free for a short time some just hours. As for all the free books, it's great the public picks which books will be the next best seller, not the opinion of what the publisher thinks will make more money book. Many very good books get the rejection letter, not anymore!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 AM

I have an older Kindle and the Nook Color. My only suggestion is get one with a backlight. The original Kindle does not have one and you can't read at night. The Kindle has much better deals on books than the Nook. I love my Nook just wish I could get the good deals on books with it.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:21 AM

Geri B, Don't give up! I had a slow start on my Kindle Fire, and I am loving it now. Did you get the Fire? If you did you can do just about everything on it that you can do on your computer. You just have to play around with it to discover its capabilities.
As for the games, if you have the Fire, go to your "home", look at the top right corner of your screen and touch the word "Apps", that will take you to a page showing the apps you already have. Then click on the word "store" in the top right corner and that brings you to a screen showing you all the apps, if they are free or cost money and there's a list of the most popular apps. Click on one that interests you, then click on "reviews" and read what users have to say about the app. This will help you decide whether it's something you want or not.
Don't give up on the library. The most popular books are always on a waiting list, whether you are waiting for the actual hard copy of the book to get in person, or the ebook on your Kindle. Try all the free websites that have been listed in previous replies. They may not be the most popular, but you can find some good reads, and give a new or unknown author a try. Have fun with it!