Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2018 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-28-2018, 12:35 PM

That is a great string quilt pattern Dedemac! Congratulations on your second finish for March!

QM- ah, the pain of frogging, but at least you'll get another March finish in this way!

I've been looking through my UFO pile, but just about everything there requires some additional piecing before being quilted...Not sure I'll get time to do another in March.

Rob
Old 03-28-2018, 06:01 PM

Thank you for cheering, lovelies!!! 123 of 140 completed... OMG!!! Will this ever end? Lol!!

We are ending the 1st quarter of the year...look what you have all accomlished in 3 months!! Amazeballs....
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 03-29-2018, 09:12 AM

Good afternoon everyone,
This is so cute, Teen and Rocky, that will encourage me. Thank you I am headed toward the sewing machine, now. Teen those numbers are going higher and higher toward the end. The way I count it's only 37 blocks away from the finish. Everyone have a productive sew day
Old 03-29-2018, 12:26 PM

Ok, a gripe please..... Doing the Cheryl Phillips Butterfly Wedge pattern. It was started four years ago, I know because I bought the fabric for my 50th birthday in Reno. Now I love the pattern, but sure know why I did not finish it. Wow, labeling is so important. I know why I left it, SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am almost done with two others: just need to do the quilting on the Hawaiian Appliques then assemble the pillows, the binding on a small mug rug from several years ago.

Then I thought oh the fish quilts need done. OMG! How did it grow to two quilts? Well, let me tell you, I went to have a sew day with a friend and forgot my background fabric, she said use this, I did and ending up with two incomplete projects. Put one on the design wall, sorted out my other pieces, trimmed where needed, and my fish have parts missing. Oh boy, now to embroidery those. Decided for first About Trout to only complete three of the five fish, (short one fish completely not enough background to finish it, and one only has two parts which will make a mug rug just fine). Going to put a blue on top, embroidery a trout jumping to a fishing fly with a pole reaching over the quilt hanging over a log. Thought that might be cool. A bit artistic, creative finish.
The other I think i have enough fabric to finish as pattern says. We shall see if I decide to get creative again. LOL With all that said, I am sure I will have three finishes by end of month, at least that is my plans.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:37 PM

Cherry....I completed 2 more blocks today so I only have 15 more blocks to go!!! I am tackling new to me Y-seams..ugh! I had great training from Macybaby on this technique ...lifesaver! Now, I'm just taking it slow and steady and trying to avoid seam-ripper. Still Rollin on....

QM....you are a genius! Can't wait to see the results!!!
Old 03-29-2018, 05:35 PM

Default March challenge finish

March 2018 Challenge Finish

Fabric purchased at a big 2006 Quilt show in Peoria, IL
I named it "Sentimental Journey 2006". It is reversible.
Attached Thumbnails img_2345.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 03-30-2018, 02:55 AM

Nice finish judy!

Rob
Old 03-30-2018, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

Still pretty fabric, judy3..... I really like how you pieced your backing.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:56 AM

Yeah Judy, great finish. Love your binding.

Last edited by QuilterMomma; 03-30-2018 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:57 AM

Thanks Teen, I think they call it "making lemonade out of lemons".

Another issue came up for these fish, I went to pull the fabrics for the only piece missing, the middle of one, and I do not have the fabric. So that fish is without a middle, thinking an applique rock will go there, he will be hiding.? This is going to be one artistic quilt by the time I get done.