Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2018 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-19-2018, 11:08 AM

Hello! I would love to join in and offer support and have a place to answer for my ufo’s. Is it ok to just jump in?
Old 04-19-2018, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

Oh yes...PamelaOry! It looks like you are a newcomer so welcome to the QB as well as to the UFO challenge. It's a great feeling to get those pesky UFO's fun and done!
Old 04-19-2018, 01:41 PM

Welcome aboard PamelaOry and welcome to the board. We love all the encouragement and finished UFO’s you get finished.

Rob, your scarf is so creative. Good way to use up scraps.

Everyone is is doing a great job working on their UFO’s. I love all of the finishes.

Sorry not much much progress in my UFO’s. I’m still slowly working on several at a time. Going back to my sewing. room
Old 04-19-2018, 04:55 PM

Welcome, PamelaOry!

Well, I didn't realize one of my projects will hit the 'one year ago' start date this month. Another one added to the UFO list, I guess. I can't find the finishing directions so I'm bummed but I should be able to figure it out by looking at the finishes of others in the group. The blocks were finished on time but I got stalled on the border's 16 patches. So sashing, cornerstones, and on point triangles need to be made before I can assemble the top.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

It's so easy to lose track of time, retired t!
Old 04-19-2018, 07:14 PM

Rob....another beautiful creation....scarf is very cool... I can't do that kind of stuff. Maybe some day I can try these kinds of fabric art techniques.

Welcome, Pamela!!

I'm in Utah and Rocky's in California but we are both still cheering y'all on!!
Old 04-20-2018, 10:03 AM

Welcome aboard PamelaOry, always good to have company in our quest to get UFOs done.
Retiredteacher09, there is such a thing as altering the pattern to get the project done if need be. I have had to do that a couple of times. It works and puts your own creative swing to it. Could be a chance to broaden your artistic talents?
Hope you are enjoying Utah Teen, is that for the upcoming quilt show that is there or did you sneak over to Superior threads to do some shopping?
Old 04-20-2018, 10:51 AM

Teen I hope you are having a grand tine in Utah. Poor Rocky has to be in sunny and warm California all by himself. I could go to your place and keep him company while you are gone. LOL. I'm enjoying your posts. Have fun.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:22 PM

Not really UFO's, quilts that I sewed together in Florida but have been waiting all winter to quilt. Worked on 2 of them today and got them on the long arm, squared up and the binding sewn on. Have to hand sew binding now and that will take awhile but they will get done. I'll post a pic when they are complete. Love the finishes I've been seeing, nice job everyone!
I have a special order for a customer quilt that needs to get done also. Just needed to take a break from it for a tad. Need to get in gear again to get it on the table and done for her. Big quilt but like they say.....money in my pocket
Old 04-20-2018, 06:05 PM

Oksewglad: Yes, it is easy to lose track of time. I probably can keep it off of the UFO list for now because it was a BOW and started a year ago now. Sooooo.... Maybe I will get it done before the year anniversary of the last clue. Lol!

QuilterMomma: Good idea about recreating the pattern. I could just set it in straight rows with sashing and still use the 16 patches for one of the borders. I will need to do some math to get it to the correct size for donating. Maybe the last clue will show up somewhere. I think I may have deleted it from my IBook without printing it, however.