Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2018 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-28-2018, 03:16 PM

Quiltermama.......Would love to do a retreat when I move, neighbor!! Love the Northwest....and my future neighbor here in Idaho is a novice quilter. I was able to help her with a tube quilt she was making when I showed up at her doorstep. Got my fix....

My applique pieces for SBS are completed. Thank you for the lovely comments. I am working on an applique wall hanging that is so fun to do. It's so silly with funky fabrics. Should have that ready to machine applique when I get home.

Rocky & I chatted by phone and he says "HI and keep on rockin..."
Old 05-01-2018, 07:43 AM

Ok, paperwork all turned in. I had sent the information of the biography to the chairperson and she replied, "it is not a biography, it is a bibliography". Oh my gosh!! I started to panic till I looked up what bibliography was, yes I have been out of school that long, and I did it but called it references. Whew, did all the work and had it set because I knew I needed to cite every source of information that I used. There was two pages worth. Felt pretty good about that. Now the wait to know if I passed, it will take six weeks. There was 71 pages of answers when I finished. Think they will be busy. I know there are a couple of areas I am weak in, but praying they give me grace on that. Who knows everything about quilting? There is a surface design technique that came from Japan where they used to paint their fish to verify the size of it. It is called Gyotaku. So you can tell it was an interesting time.
I am catching up customer quilts and doing a challenge that has a deadline date. Not sure how many ufos I will get done this month. I do have plans to finish a couple at least, all quilting projects.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:36 PM
Power Poster

QMomma..congrats on the work finish! Real life does get in the way. And you still get a chance to do some sewing...just not for you!

Decided to put a quilt on the LA a couple of nights ago..next night I "loop de looped" it,humming a little tune the whole time! Sew relaxing. Tonight got the binding made and attached. Not quite a UFO finish, but soon will be.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:25 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593972[/ATTACH]Helped daughter do a work project. May the Fourth be with you!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]593973[/ATTACH]Smile, it is a selfie potholder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]593974[/ATTACH]The back.
I did at least get to do a little fun this week. Not UFOs, but fun like Ok said.
Attached Thumbnails kenah.jpg   potholders-front.jpg   potholder-back.jpg  
Old 05-05-2018, 04:50 AM

Hope it's not to late to jump aboard this train. Have been really trying to finish UFO's this year. I finally got the binding sewed down on this 16 patch quilt that I started in February of 2014. I made the quilt too big to begin with and had to remove the borders I put on. And then decided to just send to a LA quilter or I would never get any finishes done.

I have 2 others that have just come back from the LA quilter as well. They are old UFO's also. Hope to get them bound soon and added to your list as well.

I have been enjoying seeing all your finishes. You all are very dedicated. I hope to finish at least 8 of my UFO's this year. And, that includes getting them all LA'md. I am a good piecer, but, a terrible quilter. So, I know in order to catch up, I need to get them sent out. So far, I have gotten 4 of them LA'md. (One was not a UFO. It was a current project.)
Old 05-05-2018, 04:52 AM

kristakz, I love your red and gray quilts. That used to be my school colors in high school. (Way back when.) And, I still love those colors today. They are very striking quilts.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:37 PM

UFO #2 for 2018.

Dutchman's Puzzle Block Quilt started, summer 2013. Finished 5/5/2018.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

Yeah, Judith...another pretty quilt...you are on a roll keep it going...okay back to digging in my flower beds..
Old 05-05-2018, 05:04 PM

Congratulations on your lovely finishes, Judith!

Oksewnsew: I picked up sticks in my yard today and washed my living room and family room windows. Of course, then the wind came up before the rain so I will probably need to pick up more sticks tomorrow. We needed the rain though.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

I'm working in my asparagus bed now...decided to quit when I couldn't see if the roots I was pulling were quack grass or asparagus. All the leaves and dead foliage are off the bed and tomorrow's another day. Usually we are eating asparagus by now.
Retteach we've had close to 6" of rain since Tuesday. MrOK anxious to get in the fields, but there's lots to do otherwise, too. Having lots of baby calves right now. Ah spring is in the air.

Last night loaded a 40 x 60 HST quilt on the LA. Now how shall this newbie quilt it? The HST's measure 4" finished...shades of blue with a constant white on white as the second HST. I don't consider it a UFO because I made it earlier this winter with the plans for it being a practice LA quilt.