Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2018 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-02-2018, 06:08 AM

Good morning everyone. I have been busy doing things for life. Like spring cleaning, playing with animals, working on finances, socializing with family and not quilting much. Sad to say I have no UFO's completed this month. I did make progress on BHMQ - WIP = have all 3.5" pieces made, just working on making the 50 blocks. Judy's mystery -WIP = all blocks made, just need to piece together and make a different border. Deciding if I want 9-patch border or piano keys border. I'll decide after I put top together. My Olaf - WIP reverse throw = needs to be sandwiched and quilted. I signed up for the fall star swap = new project. so I did not get to any UFO's this month. Sorry everyone. I'll do better in April. I'll also do better in keeping up with our tallys.

Our Easter was quiet. Mother nature pulled an April fool's joke on us and we had 1.5" of snow today and temps in the 20's. For the last several weeks most of out temps were in the 50-60's range. Of course the weather with mix precip, snow, ice pellets, slush started 30 minutes before we had wanedt to go out to a good buffet special for lunch. What we call, just enough to mess up the roads. So we ended up going to local café for breakfast. For dinner I fixed a nice steak for us. Enough of me, now on to our congrates and totals next post.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:27 AM

Since the last time I posted (2 weeks ago..where did the last 2 weeks go). We have had many members finish UFO's. Yea!!!!!!! Toot, Toot, Screaming, yelling and throwing chocolate candy. We have the following finished UFO's. Mascot Rocky in the foreground leading the parade and cheer the crowd on for our lovely, lovely finishes for Marchl.
1. Kristakz = Block Party
2. Dedemac = Alphabet multicolor
3. Cherrysixty = entry #601
4. Oksewglad = !st long arm project#602
5. Oksewglad = baby quilt #603
6. QuilterMomma = R/W/B #606
7. Krisb = LQS $5 quilt club #623
8. Rryder = Sugar and spice scrappy #633
9. Quilt mouse = (Welcome) Bonnie's Double Delight #639
10. Dedemac = String blocks W/H #643
11. Judy363905= Sentimental Journey #656
12. Kristakz = scrappy pineapple #664.

This is all of the UFO's I have since the last time I posted 2 weeks ago. If I missed you please let me know and I will add you to the list. I will post again any late posting for March in about 3-4 days.

Now for the grand total so far this month ******* We have 20 completed UFO. ********* Yea for all of the people finishing their UFO's.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:46 AM

Lovely finishes, judy and Krista!

Is a pineapple quilt always paper pieced?
Old 04-02-2018, 11:46 AM
Power Poster

joe's mom, no. Back in the day they were made with templates...Here's a tut for a non paper pieced option..makes me want to try this again.

Mock Pineapple no template block
Old 04-02-2018, 01:17 PM

Well, finished this and we can call it an April finish. Still trying to quilt on my domestic the Hawaiian applique blocks. Uh, I am a longarm quilter for sure, not so much domestic. [ATTACH=CONFIG]592074[/ATTACH]
This little guy has been around for some time. It needed binding. I used some scrap binding I had. Not the best, but it is done and will make me a nice Christmas mug rug.
Attached Thumbnails snowman-collector.jpg  
Old 04-02-2018, 01:55 PM

Thank you, oksewglad!
Old 04-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Oh no....Q Momma...couldn't you have saved this until next winter? We are in a winter weather advisory "again" tonight! Seriously, I enjoy seeing needlework...I don't do it very well or very often...nice finish!

You're welcome, joe's mom.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:37 PM

Congratulations on all the March finishes! You guys are turning it on!

QM....darling mug rug... I dislike (immensely) handwork...except applique. I did it years ago..I just cannot get into it again. My MIL does embroidery everyday and does a beautiful joB. I have so much of her work in my home on display. Makes it so homey.

I did not meet my goal to get all 140 blocks of SBS done by End of March. So disappointed since I knew what these next two weeks were going to be like getting ready for a month long trip. I completed 1 today and cut out 4 more so I can grab a sew time when I can. Only 9 more blocks to go!!!
Old 04-02-2018, 06:22 PM

Krista Great Quilt. QuilterMomma Like your Little guy
Old 04-03-2018, 07:27 AM

Teen, you are going to get them done, just nine more, you can do it. Rah Rah Rah!!!!! Keep strong, then end is in sight.