Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2018 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-06-2018, 02:10 PM

140 Blocks Completed!!!!! WOOHOO!!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 04-06-2018, 03:01 PM

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DANCE TEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So thrilled for you.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:16 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]592356[/ATTACH]Here is one fish. I found the stonehenge blue in my stash! Can you believe it? So thrilled it works with the rock. I found a photo of a watercress that I will put in it for my vegetable. When making a pattern, always read thru all the instructions. I did not when I started this (to long ago) and have trimmed a couple of pieces incorrectly. Then I took out the line up stitches. I am getting it though. This row I only had to rip and resew a couple of pieces. It worked. Three more to go for this Trout Quilt. The defect one as well will be in this project.
Hoping to get this done this weekend. That is my plan, but life may have another one. LOL
Attached Thumbnails trout-1.jpg  
Old 04-06-2018, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

QMomma...every fish caught has a story to go with it!

Yeah Teen...Rocky was a great cheerleader...now onto the next step, getting it all together. This will be a lovely quilt!

My computer also locked up...guess it doesn't like the sleep mode and went into "hibernation". I know winter has been long here, but did it have to affect my computer, too. OBTW...another round of snow heading my way Sunday and Monday. Temps in the teens is just getting old.

Since I couldn't work on the computer (or play) I loaded a baby quilt on the LA and got it bound. I decided to put a lap quilt on the LA and get it quilted. Yeah I have 2 UFO's quilted and bound for April...photos later!
Old 04-06-2018, 08:27 PM

QM, that’s going to be a nice trout quilt. Cool idea.
Teen, Great job on all those blocks. 140, Wow!

I finally have a finish to report. It’s a NICU donation quilt. It’s been ready for quilting for several months. I kept passing it over for other projects. Finally got it done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]592370[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 07ed4dca-eea3-48a9-b41f-03f0a8ed7f66.jpeg  
Old 04-07-2018, 08:24 AM

Rob: I hope your surgery went well.

Teen: Congrats on finishing those blocks! Great perseverance!

oksewglad: That's a bummer about your computer. I agree with enough of this weather. Twin fans will have several more cold days sitting in the stadium. I'm glad I can watch them on tv. . 1-2" more of snow possible here.

QuilterMomma: That is an adorable fish!

D.Henson: Congratulations on finishing a donation quilt.

I am trying to finish up a few WIPs so they don't get added to my UFO list. Once a WIP hits a year from its start, I consider it an UFO.

Have a great day!
Old 04-07-2018, 09:21 AM

QM.....that fish block is awesome. Looks like a photograph.

D.Henson....adorable NICU quilt. You did great on quilting. Finished up beautifully. Great job...

retiredteacher.... I like the threshold of one year WIP to UFO. I've been trying to figure that out somI'm going to classify mine the same way. I just received all my swap blocks from the Summertime block swap and I need to play with them a bit but the SBS is priority. I have assembly and applique borders to make but I'm pretty quick with applique so we'll see. My LA'er is patiently waiting for it. We've got a plan for it.. Can't wait.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:40 PM

Pleasant early evening to everyone

QM, loving the concept of the fish quilt
D.Henson, that donation quilt is a cutie
Oksewglad, eager to see pix of your finishes
Teen, so very proud of you reaching that first goal for the SBS quilt, on to the next level
Rob, praying that the eye surgery went well, praying for rest for you

That piece on the 401A has not budge, and I think that little UFO will have to wait till VQW for April. Next week I'll be going to Washington DC to see the blossoms and the museum. I'm not touching that machine till I get back. Everyone, that don't have to contend with more snow have a good Sunday. Boy, sure tired of saying that word (sno_)

Cherry
Old 04-07-2018, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

Back in the day...."We're gonna win, Twins, we're gonna score. We're gonna win, Twins, watch that baseball soar! Crack out a homerun, shout a hip hooray...." I used to get so mad at my older brother home for the summer from college and he had the right to watch what he wanted...Twins baseball. Of course there were only 2 other stations to watch, but still "no fair". retiredt...you brought back some memories.

I decided to start another UFO finish tonight..I'm in avoidance mode as I have another project I don't want to do... quilting seems more fun! This one is a big BH RickRack Nines. I started making 9P's for this a couple of years ago and got the flimsy finished last fall. I didn't put the borders on so is only 94" wide! Have the backing on and ready to pin on the top. Not sure how I will quilt this...an easy meander will be simple, but do I want to try to do something in the plain blocks? Not sure yet.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:31 AM

My first April UFO completion! I started this giant scrappy swoon way back in March 2015, so just over 3 years to finish it. The back is pieced - after one failed attempt, this one actually fit the quilt. And, 3 years later, I even managed to find some of the border fabric that I had used, and used it for the binding.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]592431[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]592432[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p4071373.jpg   p4071374.jpg