Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Have you found your "perfect" machine? >
  • Have you found your "perfect" machine?

• Have you found your "perfect" machine?

Old 03-19-2015, 05:17 PM

i have had several machines over the years. enjoyed my kenmore from sears, that had all the cams with ii, when i was raising my girls. it did a fine job on vests, suits, dresses, skirts, blouses, button holes, etc. when i started quilting in 2005, i tried to use it, but the stitches, just didn't look nice. had it worked on several times. a LQS owner let me use her janome 6500 during a class because my $1000 machine, (quilters pro from walmart, i believe) just wouldn't free motion. She said if i bought a janome 6500 or better, it would be the last machine i ever owned. HA. just replaced My janome 6600P, because it died. just about a month ago. it's at the factory now, seeing if it can't be saved. but i purchased another janome 6600P. and it's like driving a cadillac again. love the new one. the old one had made upwards of 100 large quilts. the new one is working on her 3rd.
    Old 03-19-2015, 07:13 PM

My Pfaff Passport 2.0 is one of my favorites, has the IDT.
    Old 03-19-2015, 08:36 PM

My first embroidery machine was the Pfaff that came out after yours, the Pfaff 2170. I love that machine. When I wanted a bigger hoop and all around bigger throat area, I bought a Viking Diamond Deluxe embroidery machine. But, I refused to trade in or sell the Pfaff 2170. It is such an excellent machine, and yet small enough to take to classes. My very first machine I owned is also a keeper, a mechanical Pfaff 262. For just regular "go to" sewing, I use it often, as well as my Pfaff 130, another mechanical that sews so well. I also have a Pfaff Performance 5.0 for my free motion quilting, for I like to keep the Viking open for embroidery. In my avatar picture, the Pfaff 2170 is on the left, and the Pfaff 262 on the right. Love them!

Last edited by vschieve; 03-19-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: added more
    Old 03-19-2015, 11:26 PM

i can't believe all the old sewing machines you ladies use. if it's not quite, and smooth, i don't like it.
    Old 03-20-2015, 03:03 AM

Love my Bernina 930 Record. Got it around 1984. But my eyes are starting to stray. Intrigued by several Baby Lock machines......
    Old 03-20-2015, 03:04 AM

SewNso so what do you sew on.
    Old 03-20-2015, 03:39 AM
    Power Poster

i found my 'perfect' machine but i can't afford it LOL... i have my eye on a babylock destiny
    Old 03-20-2015, 04:34 AM

I have more than a few sewing machines, but my favorite is my Singer 403A. I've been sewing on it for over 40 years and it still runs great. The stitch is perfect, the cams are fun and the motor is so strong...it'll sew anything. It isn't the best for FMQ, but I don't love doing that anyway.
    Old 03-20-2015, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
    i can't believe all the old sewing machines you ladies use. if it's not quite, and smooth, i don't like it.
    Are you kidding? The old ones are broken in and run smoothly and quietly (for the most part). Even though the Singer 400s and 500s sound like toy cars (it's all the gears inside), my wife says my Rocketeer is as quiet as her newer Bernina.

Tate
    Old 03-20-2015, 01:39 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer
    My Bernina, hands down!!
    My Bernina 830 is awesome for everything including embroidery. I am so happy to own one. At first I didn't like it but stupid me, I didn't know I needed different size needles for different size threads. I have a 401 and another newer machine, but they don't compare.