Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-14-2013, 06:29 AM

morning all!

Sorry to hear about the spilled tea and dropped door. Oh my both sounded horrible! Y'all be careful! The batiks may be going to another home this month, I am sticking right at that 198 mark but I won't complain since it is on the RIGHT side of the 200 mark. Cindy I think we do need to do batiks again! Maybe once a year!

Yesterday I got to do my very first complete shop hop. We went 140 miles and saw 6 stores, we do have to do our local store yet but that's a piece of cake and we have a week. It was great to see what shops are around Orlando. We found some we will not return to but some we liked and one (the farthest away) that we loved. I only bought 2 patterns and 5 1/2 yards of fabric for needed projects. Money is tight & I was trying to behave.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:04 AM

Wow, you went to the Sisters show in Bend Oregon? We need to plan to meet someday. Maybe next year at the show. It is 6 hours away from me, but have wanted to see it. There is a thought.
Did get to meet Tracibug and meet up again with Mariposa, if you do other swaps, on Friday. Was wonderful. Had a nice visit. Both awesome ladies, aren't we all?\
Splurged just a little bit on Sunday, had to have the veggies from the garden stir fry. Went off because I ate a mixture of vegetables and fresh picked pea pods were in the dish. Oh well, at least it was not candy or sweet baked goods. tasted so good from the garden. Yeah, I did put in a couple fresh dug potatoes as well.
Did some heavy work around the house on saturday, and then quilted on sunday. Almost done with it. Boy, a king on a 10ft frame is not easy. I have to take off, turn, repin, then quilt again, then unpin shift down, repin. Not going to do this again for anyone. I feel bad, she had some yucky piecing and I could not quilt it out for nothing. Then there was to much in the border and it is a little scrunchy. I really tried, but not much I could do. It is only in one spot of the quilt.
Will check in a bit, I have to get to work, submittals to do along with quarterlies still on the list, then to get my online class done along with catching up the invoicing. Lots to do. Great job for behaving beachbound.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:23 AM

Hi all, I was down for a week. My cold turned into pneumonia. I guess all the wedding prep and taking care of my folks got the best of me. I haven't mailed my skinny fabric yet and will try to get that around tonight. I didn't even sew last week. Hopefully I can get myself around this week some if the house doesn't get too warm.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:01 PM

Good news though, I did start taking my vitamins that go with the diet, my attitude is better. That is half the battle right.
That is horrible countrymaid, I would not want that. You get better, lots of fluids, vitamin C, and rest. It is all going to come together.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:10 PM

I was down .4 today at my weigh in. It is slow going but at least it's headed down. I'm .4 away from having off 40 lbs. since Jan. 1st.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

I have kept on antibiotics to keep mine from turning into pneumonia. I did some cutting out today and sewing on a quilt block that I need to finish for someone on the board. Won't be long and I will have it finished. Hubby is still sick too. Checked in on my dad, because he works way too much on 90 degree days at 80.

Working on a little song kids book for one of my great nieces who loves to sing in her bedroom. She has a good voice for 7 years old.

Have ate pretty good today.

Hang in there everyone.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:53 PM

My weight was good this morning but I've had a stressful day and you know what happens with us emotional eaters. If I stop right now, the damages may not too bad.

Too bad I didn't go walking - helps burn calories and relieves stress. It never cooled off today. The heat index is near 100 - it was still 92 degrees with 73% humidity at 8:00 this evening. I took the dogs to an abandoned baseball diamond and let them run. They got exercise, but I didn't. Tomorrow is going to be the same. I may have to get up early and get them out. What a shame - I am not a morning person. No, I'm not a wimp, but I am 'elderly' and have had problems with congestive heart failure in the past.

I am finishing up a wall hanging for my daughter, then I need to start adding the borders to a finished quilt. I'm still having trouble visualizing how it will work - and the new border needs to be mitered, too. Grrrr.

Have a good evening, y'all.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:40 AM

FQ received from Irishrose yesterday.

Have a great day ladies and remember you are in control of what you do.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:50 AM

Cindy, did you get my FQs? I must have missed it if you already posted. I mailed them last Monday so you should have them.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:57 AM

It is really hot here too. I worked up a sweat taking the garbage out to the curb this morning. I was watering flowers last night at 8:30 and was dripping sweat. This is one of the reasons I gave up trying to walk, bike etc outside. Between weather, getting dark early in the winter and allergy issues I moved most of my exercise indoors. Even with my prescription allergy meds I still have allergy problems.
We have been helping mom my clean out some of dads things. So sad. She is doing really well with things. We have been keeping her busy and luckily she has a really good group of friends. She is 86 and still hangs out with a group from high school.
My DS arrives from Japan on Thursday. Can't wait to see him. Unfortunately my DIL couldn't get off of work. He will be cooking and asking me to cook all kinds of fattening things. Hope I can behave myself. Weigh in is tomorrow. Hope it is good. I only weigh once a week. I am working on a quilt that was supposed to be a quick, simple quilt between projects. I keep adding more things to it, not so simple any more. I was using up things I had. It was something I saw on here where you start with a 4 patch, cut it and it makes a pretty block. I made blocks until I ran out of fabrics. I was going to set them on point but was too tired to figure out the setting triangles. It need another border on it to make it a good size. I will dig thru my stash tonight to finish it. I am going to finish it without buying anything.
I need to get ready for my spinning class. I have always really liked spinning. I hope I can keep it up when school starts. Not sure about making it to a 6:00 AM class!