Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-04-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by hootnannie
Thank you Irishrose, how did you do that? I love taking pictures and sharing, and I love the helpfulness of everyone here. A sweet spirit is so apparent. Because I'm not techno savy, I appreciate the simplicity of these vintage beauties more than than the bell & whistles of my Janome. I can't wait to get her going.
Annie
Because I didn't have access to your original pictures, I used the ones you posted. Right clicked on the picture. Chose move picture (or send to) . Put in a file on my computer then loaded them in the 'add new attachments' like they were mine. Now I need to go take them off my computer before I forget why they're there.

Hope you received your answers. Judy
Old 03-04-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by tomilu
Does anyone have a closeup pic of the Singer 319w bobbin case? I have one in the bobbin assembly, but I'm not really sure if it is the correct one. Would appreciate a pic so i could verify.
Does it sew with this bobbin case? Sometimes they have been replaced with industrial cases, so the numbers may be different, but still work.
Don't know Miz Johnny. This case was in a 319w bobbin assembly I have on hand. It doesn't fit like I think it should, and so I wondered.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:20 PM

I took the dressmaker machine to be repaired and the repair man said that it was made by Riccar. He also said that he had never seen a bobbin winder like that and doubted if he could find one to fix the machine. He went on to say that I needed the cams to do any thing besides straight stitch. My daughter found no cams with this machne. I guess it is back to the dumpster for this poor old lady. Kathie S.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:34 PM

Hello, i have a question.
How do i find out what year a free westinghouse style 955902-f is? and once i find this out how do i get parts. the rubber piece that goes from the motor to the ?balance? wheel needs to be replaced.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I took the dressmaker machine to be repaired and the repair man said that it was made by Riccar. He also said that he had never seen a bobbin winder like that and doubted if he could find one to fix the machine. He went on to say that I needed the cams to do any thing besides straight stitch. My daughter found no cams with this machne. I guess it is back to the dumpster for this poor old lady. Kathie S.
Kathie don't toss the machine out yet. Look at this ad on E-bay for the Dressmaker cams and instruction book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dressmaker-sewin...item2eb394d6ae

Most of those old machines of the same make had interchangeable cams. I think for under $10 these cams would be worth a try - that machine looks well made.

Nancy
Old 03-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned

Dont toss it offer it up to someone that might have the parts for it. No need in trashing it because of a bobbin winder and cams!

Billy
Old 03-04-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Dont toss it offer it up to someone that might have the parts for it. No need in trashing it because of a bobbin winder and cams!

Billy
I knew that you guys would come through. The machine is up for grabs just pay for the s/h Kathie
Old 03-04-2011, 05:33 PM

Hello!

I received a wonderful Christmas gift last December. It is a 1904 Singer 27 treadle and she is beautiful! I spent two months cleaning her up and replacing non-working parts. I was not able to get the check spring installed properly when I replaced the tension assembly so I found a local shop to help me. I should have it back in a couple of weeks to begin quilting.

I managed to fix the bobbin winder and successfully wind 6 bobbins. That was the most exciting thing! I love this machine and look forward to learning more about treadles from you all. This is my first but will not be the last one I get.

Blessings,
Tess :)
Old 03-04-2011, 06:12 PM

I also have a 1904 Singer 27 treadle. Mine has the remnants of the Memphis sphinx decals on it. It sews like a dream though. I tried cleaning it up, without a lot of success, am thinking of stripping it to the bare naked finish and naming her Lady Godiva. Post pics when you get yours back.
Originally Posted by Tea Time Tess
Hello!

I received a wonderful Christmas gift last December. It is a 1904 Singer 27 treadle and she is beautiful! I spent two months cleaning her up and replacing non-working parts. I was not able to get the check spring installed properly when I replaced the tension assembly so I found a local shop to help me. I should have it back in a couple of weeks to begin quilting.

I managed to fix the bobbin winder and successfully wind 6 bobbins. That was the most exciting thing! I love this machine and look forward to learning more about treadles from you all. This is my first but will not be the last one I get.

Blessings,
Tess :)
Old 03-04-2011, 06:19 PM

You just never know when a machine happens along. DH was in the FedEx office getting shipping charges for a machine. The lady helping him said she had one for sale that belonged to her Mother. So we went to her house and there was a nice older Kenmore with acc., manual and very nice cabinet. We took the machine and left the cabinet. Have to get new control wires, but otherwise it looks to be ok. Will be giving it to one of the local schools-as it happens, the one the lady graduated from a few years ago.