Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-10-2011, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
Huh, so is mine a 201?
Nope yours is a 99, newer than my 99. I have a 201,99,66 and 15-90.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
I took pics of this machine I am confused about finding a manual; it just does not match the pics in manuals. And something is amiss with the bobbin winder. Billy said it was a 99- class 66. I know it is a ¾ crinkle head. It has a blue vacuum power cord and a lamp wire for the foot controller. So I’ll ask more pros here, what is wrong and where is this manual? Thanks
Your bobbin winder is missing the part that makes it come up when the bobbin is full.
Look at this web page http://singeroriginalvintageproducts...tageParts.aspx
Scroll down on the right and you'll see a bobbin winder parts diagram and it shows the parts you're missing.
That's an interesting parts place, and I appreciate it, because I have a 99 that I am sure is going to need something before I get it going. I still have barely looked at it since I got it, but its a 1928, so it probably is going to need something...I know it at least needs a knee lever.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:18 PM

Ok I give up. I started using “my pages” I guess I did not use it right! I have looked at the last 125 pages. Would someone please send or post the all the cleaning and wiring list for me? I will copy and send it to myself, I promise. Thank you so much.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:31 AM

Ok I give up. I started using “my pages” I guess I did not use it right! I have looked at the last 125 pages. Would someone please send or post the all the cleaning and wiring list for me? I will copy and send it to myself, I promise. Thank you so much.
You are always welcome to look in my profile and my user pages for info too.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:36 AM

I was busy Friday driving around picking up FINDS. I did make a brief stop at home to eat lunch, check in on all of you, and fix dinner.

My first stop in the morning was for a free Singer cabinet and Singer VS2, fiddlehead. The couple letting this one go for free started the renovation project 25 years age. They took some items off the cabinet to sand and after sanding was done the jar of parts, draw pulls, nuts and screws, were gone. That projected never got done for them. They posted Thursday night on CLs free cabinet for someone else to take over the project. Well, I'm the one that will be finishing this project. I feel they did all the hard work with the sanding; now, I just need to assemble.

My second stop in the evening was for a FW that was hidden on CLs. The lady posted it as a Singer 15-91 with another 15-19 (post read two 15-91, portable and table). I took a looked at the posted photos and immediately sent off e-mail. She was happy to sell and I was happy to receive my first FW, (which will be my only e-machine).

My husband was waiting for me each time I arrived back home to help unload the car. With the FW, he went to the back of car, opened hatch, and stated where is the machine! I chuckled and told him its sitting behind me. So, he goes to open the passenger seat door behind me and says "this is it…it's so light…no wonder everyone wants one". When I opened the box and showed him the box layout and machine, he was so surprised at the size. All night long he kept talking about how cute it is and that the FWs look like toys…and I should look for more…start a family.

Again I chuckled because my 2- Two Spools, Melinda and The Cowboy, just got married. So now, they have their first child, Heather-FW. And grandma, Rosemary-VS2, has taken up residence too. There went that honeymoon!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-209780.jpe   attachment-209781.jpe   attachment-209782.jpe  
Old 06-11-2011, 12:41 AM

NANCY! Did you get that Two Spools in that gorgeous cabinet? Please tell me you did.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
My first stop in the morning was for a free Singer cabinet and Singer VS2, fiddlehead.

My second stop in the evening was for a FW that was hidden on CLs.

I was happy to receive my first FW, (which will be my only e-machine).

All night long he kept talking about how cute it is and that the FWs look like toys…and I should look for more…start a family.
All I can say is......AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!! :shock:

Your husband is a keeper, also!!!!

I just bought my 3rd FW. They are just adorable to look at. My third one (white/green) I won on eBay and it's on it's way. Hopefully I will get it by Monday or Tues.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Here is my little rusted National Paveway Handcrank. Thanks to Billy and his tutes, she is looking good. Billy suggested not doing anything but cleaning because of her age, born about 1900. According to Damascus Annie the style of the handcrank is called Saxonia.
I did use a product called Evapo-Rust that I got from Harbor Freight that eats rust and isn't caustic to people. I did not use it around the decals, but soaked everything else after it had a kerosene bath. I love that stuff. There is no rust on this machine, even though some pictures make it look like there is some on the face plate.

Texas Jan (Who is now addicted to vintage machines)
Texas Jan, you did a fabulous job cleaning up that machine! I wouldn't have believed you could get that little machine to look that good again! Wow!

Nancy
Old 06-11-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Buslady;

Two spools refers to to a National machine that did use 2 spools of thread. One was the upper thread and the other was the bobbin thread. I have one and it's a treadle. Not sure if they were ever e-machines or just people powered ones. They can be found but must be checked thoroughly to see if all the bobbin parts are complete as those are difficult to find from what I understand. Mine is complete. Dh would like her to go so I can oput some of my other finds in my sewing room and out of his garage space. I am undecided as of the moment. I do want a treadle but not sure what kind.
Chris, those Two Spools are so rare - to have one complete and in the condition yours is in is rare, your machine is beautiful - I'd keep that machine! There were millions of 66's and 15's, but the Two Spools is a rare bird, I want one just because of the uniqueness of the machine.

Nancy
Old 06-11-2011, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Monica look at this! Is this machine actually a Two Spools?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2431474651.html

Nancy

YES! It is a Two Spools! In a beautiful cabinet. RUN and get that machine for $100. I love mine for piecing!
I am going to see the Two Spools today!!!!!!!!!! I will let you all know if I get it - depends on whether or not the machine is all there!!!!!

Nancy