Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-14-2010, 04:08 PM

Weedwoman,

Did you ever have any luck with getting your Hilton machine up and running?

Darcene
Old 07-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

awww, shucks...

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Darcene
Actually, the original post was from Dunster-I just relayed the message as quickly as possible so that you would not miss out on this beautiful machine and cabinet....so THANK YOU DUNSTER.....

Darcene
Yes Thank You Dunster!!!!

Billy
Old 07-14-2010, 04:46 PM

Weedwoman,

Darcene
I'm not the one with the Hilton. I read about it but can't remember who has it. Wish I did.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

That was Crossstitcher.

Originally Posted by Weedwoman

I'm not the one with the Hilton. I read about it but can't remember who has it. Wish I did.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:55 PM

We have begun work on this last singer treadle I got and she is polishing up nicely but still more to do. Looked in the cabinet drawers and found a treasure. A small box with some attachments for the head and two hand written notes by the previous owner (written ages ago, paper very aged) they are a drawing of how to thread the machine and instructions on how to adjust the tension. An old fashioned cheat sheet cause she must not have had a manual. I love when they had little notes and things like that with the machine. Kinda makes you feel connected to whomever used it before. Can't wait to get her all polished and in running order so I can take her for a test drive.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:00 PM

Dunster and Darcene you two are amazing at finding really cool sewing machines!

I thought I would have a change of pace and found this Brother Select-O-Matic type HZ3-B1. I couldn't resist because it looked like it had a tachometer (left of "Brother"). LOL. Found out later that it really is the stitch width indicator.

I haven’t had a chance to take her for a spin yet but I am really excited.

I need to find a downloadable manual as the manual that came with it is flaking so bad I hate to use it much.

If anyone has a source for a manual please let me know.

Judy

Tachometer left of "Brother"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77093[/ATTACH]

Operated with knee lever - that should be interesting!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77095[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77088.jpe   attachment-77089.jpe   attachment-77090.jpe  
Old 07-14-2010, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Weedwoman,

Darcene
Ooopppss...it was Cross stitcher.....I mixed up my people...I wonder if the machine ever started working for her.

Darcene
Old 07-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

That is a cool machine. I love the blue. You don't have to use it as a knee lever - just take it out of the bracket and use it as a foot pedal. Still, you might find you like the knee lever. It doesn't go walking away like a foot pedal does.

Originally Posted by Kitzone

I thought I would have a change of pace and found this Brother Select-O-Matic type HZ3-B1. I couldn't resist because it looked like it had a tachometer (left of "Brother"). LOL. Found out later that it really is the stitch width indicator.

I need to find a downloadable manual as the manual that came with it is flaking so bad I hate to use it much.

Judy
Old 07-14-2010, 05:12 PM

Yeah it was me. No I haven't gotten it to sew yet. Still working on it only once in a while now because I am having no luck. Yesterday Hubby bought another machine called Bamburger for $2.00. Looks just like the Hilton. It sews. So I know I am threading it right and have the right needle.
I found an artical on the web on how to set the time so going to show Hubby and maybe that will help it. Also found out these two machines are copies of the singer 15-30. So if anyone has one of those I will take any suggestions.
Thanks for asking. :roll:
Old 07-14-2010, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kitzone

Judy
I learned to sew on that exact model when I was 10 or so....my mom still uses hers regularly....my dad bought it in Japan when he was in the Navy and brought it home to her as a surprise. I have told her that when she is ready to trade I have a good Singer I will put up for this machine....It holds so many good memories for me....I hope that you enjoy yours, they are a dream to work with....

Darcene