Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-30-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Howard

Hi Nancy, we're one and the same ! hehehehe
Ok are you the one that I had the long private conversations about horse tack. I thought that was Howard?

Nancy
You mean there is another one like me ? Could the world stand it ? No, LOL, not me .
Old 12-30-2010, 03:10 PM

Yes Miz Johnny I tried cheating the needle down. I tried re-threading the machine, the shuttle. I tried everything I know to get this machine to even pick up the shuttle thread -- it won't. I had my DH look at the machine as he is really good with mechanics and he thinks it is the shuttle too. The shuttle fits really sloppy, not snug like my 127 or 28. My Davis is missing the tension spring wire, but that should only cause the machine to have bad stitches -- this machine won't even begin to sew.

I did get a manual printed off of Needlebar. I also ordered two different manuals from http://www.thetreadlersvillage.com/s...nemanuals.html and have received neither nor can I get a response when I e-mail them as to why?

I am a little frustrated. If I can't get this Davis to work, I will find another one one day!

Nancy
Old 12-30-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I am still interested but I think you can make it work and will love it. Not sure when I could get up your way to pick it up.

Like the new avatar picture also. Nice little herd.
Thank you, the picture is half my herd!

Nancy
Old 12-30-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Please post a picture of "that free machine you got before the holidays." I am getting itchy feet to go thrift shop shopping since the garage sales have pretty much stopped for the winter!

Nancy
I posted photos on page 477 of that free machine; it's the machine that at first one would think it's a 99 because of the decals, but it's a 66-2. Just wait until spring when the garage sales start up again, great deals and hidden treasures can be found. ;)
Old 12-30-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
I know what you mean about the 301. I just purchased my 3rd on last week. Love them. Take it to class with me. I actually prefer it to my Featherweights.
I'm right there with ya!! :mrgreen: I used to have 3--one in each color and then for my birthday I bought another one for myself from the same girl that I purchased my others. Then I took a peek at Craigslist and lo and behold....there was one for sale (really cheap) there, too!! :shock: So now I have 2 mocha's, 2 two tone and one black. Awwww....poor lonely little black 301, now I'll have to get another black one.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
[I posted photos on page 477 of that free machine; it's the machine that at first one would think it's a 99 because of the decals, but it's a 66-2. Just wait until spring when the garage sales start up again, great deals and hidden treasures can be found. ;)
Oh I remember that post. It does look like my 99k! Yes, I miss the garage sales!

Nancy
Old 12-30-2010, 04:44 PM

I am right there with ya both! I have been sewing on one of my 301A's all afternoon. First time trying her out and I just love, love, love this machine! I have two black long beds, one of which will be going to Billy really soon.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:13 PM

My Singer 301 is skiping stitches when I sew anything heavy weight, like flannel, jeans, and anything with fusable web. Can anyone tell me what to look for. I rethreaded and changed the bobbin but no such luck.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Lostn51
JC27 JA13 111 (or H1 instead of 111?)
These numbers coincide with the Koyu company and these badged machines........Seammaster, Dressmaker, Aldens. The JC number is the first one in that entry so I have no comparisons. But this will help with my research and I thank you for the numbers!

Billy
Billy, I am hoping to get back to my basement clearing next week, and I have several (many?) Japanese machines down there. Do you want the numbers, etc., as I run across them? LOL!! Let me know what information you need on each, and I'll do my best--slowly as I unearth them.

I'm glad someone is doing research on these machines. They are usually wonderful, and the colors are incredible.[/quote]

Yes I would love to have the numbers and any details you can get on the machines. I think I have the largest collection of documents and information on the Japanese machines on the planet. Its just getting them dissected and translated that is the fun part. ;-)

Billy
Old 12-30-2010, 05:25 PM

Billy, would you happen to know where I can get some info on a Hartland sewing machine?