Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mickey
(display ad machine) i got it. now what i do i do. it is locked down in the needle bar area. it is very small. what is its power source? no motor! is it hand cranked? serial number is AA145802. What type is it and HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!
Please, pretty please with sugar on top.

mickey

pictures tomorrow.
It is a 128 almost like the one that I have, just missing a few items. What all came with the machine? dont worry about the motor you can put a hand crank on it or I might be getting rid of my electrical set up on my 128 just depends. If I do you can have first dibs.

Billy
Old 05-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SherriB
I looked at a Coffin Top machine today. The treadle said America (I think). It is a tiny machine. They only wanted $40.00 for it. I am going back tomorrow and bringing it home with me.
Please post photos of it when you do!!! We love photos!!!!

Billy
Old 05-13-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Deara
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Well, on our trip to play with the grandkids and see the kids, we had to allow for a lookie loo at the CL just to see who was selling vintage sewing machines. Here is my 2nd treadle. I am super pleased with it. :-o

Ooops, my mistake, this really is my third treadle. I think this will be my last. Although I just saw a new one today... it could be hopeless for me not to just take a peek each day. :oops:
What have you named her? She sure is pretty.

Blessings my friend,
Sandi
Not yet. I will. Blessings to also my friend. :P
Old 05-13-2010, 06:56 PM

Linda, Beautiful machine, prettiest I've seen, would love one of those. Congrats.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:19 PM

Linda, love that machine. Wish it were in my home.

Can you believe it? Remember I said I wanted a FW 221 from 1955 and a FW 221 K, also from 1955 and a Singer Queen Anne cabinet and bench, plus a white/green FW from 1964? Welllll, guess what was on e-bay tonight? ALL of them. I was so discouraged, as I am p-poor right now, so came in here before I did something I will regret like bounce teh checkbook and make DH upset.

So, I will look at all your lovely machines and dream some more.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Ooops, my mistake, this really is my third treadle. I think this will be my last. Although I just saw a new one today... it could be hopeless for me not to just take a peek each day. :oops:
Linda I am in love with your machine!!!! It is such wonderful condition I can not believe it is as nice as it is. :shock: :shock: :shock:

If you get tired of it I would love to have it in my collection!!!

Billy
I will think about. The only thing is the more I look at it the more I love it. It has little intricacies on it that I have not seen on other machines so far.

Did you notice under the table on the left the 2 half circular things? Well, you move the left circleish thingie about a half inch or less to the left and then the table folds. It is so clever. Why on earth did manufactures not pick up on this and include something like it. You could set bricks on it and that side extention is never going to bend like so many of them do.

Oh, I better quit. As far as I can tell its serial number is 28120 or 8120 but I can't locate a serial number search for it.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by kygirl
Linda, Beautiful machine, prettiest I've seen, would love one of those. Congrats.
Thank you, Kygirl You know my husband has been learning along with me. He is the one who had the time to go look at it and purchase it. I "had" to stay and play with the grandkids. They are so cute... even cuter than our vintage machines.

:-D ;-) ;-)
Old 05-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Linda, love that machine. Wish it were in my home.

Can you believe it? Remember I said I wanted a FW 221 from 1955 and a FW 221 K, also from 1955 and a Singer Queen Anne cabinet and bench, plus a white/green FW from 1964? Welllll, guess what was on e-bay tonight? ALL of them. I was so discouraged, as I am p-poor right now, so came in here before I did something I will regret like bounce teh checkbook and make DH upset.

So, I will look at all your lovely machines and dream some more.
Thank you.

There is a time and a season for everything under the sun; your time will come. And, it will come at the right time for you.
:)
Old 05-13-2010, 08:13 PM

GREAT! I went shopping and got all the supplies on the list. I am rearing to go! :D :D :D :D :D
Old 05-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt addict
GREAT! I went shopping and got all the supplies on the list. I am rearing to go! :D :D :D :D :D
Well the tutorial is in the works. I will have the first installment done tonight, and I am figuring since it is going to be so long and drawn out I will do it in 4 to 5 installments.

Billy