Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-21-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Nancy, What is Blue Magic? Do you clean machines with it? Glenn
TR3
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Magic-TR-.../dp/B000BOKO4W
Old 01-21-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj
Ok, I caved. I went to look at the Morse 6400 Apollo again. I was going to try to get just the machine without the cabinet, but it was screwed into the cabinet and the footpedal was converted to a knee op.
I played with it. She runs so smooth, and so quiet. I tried not to let on I was interested, too much.
It looked to be running in reverse - so the man gave me a towel to try with it, and sure enough it was going backwards. It took a bit to figure out how to disengage the reverse, but I did.
I looked at the underside - it's spotless.
The only part that shows its age is the foot pedal, and its weight.
I'll post photos when I get her out of the van tonight.
I just might have to use her for Friday Night Sew In tonight!
Congratulations! You will never wear out that machine!

Nancy
Old 01-21-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
TR3
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Magic-TR-.../dp/B000BOKO4W
I actually talked to a guy at Auto Zone about the Blue Magic and he said the stuff is awesome. He said he cleaned up his grandmother's Singer treadle with the Blue Magic and it looks fantastic!

I can't wait to see what it does to my many machines!

Nancy
Old 01-21-2011, 03:30 PM

Glenn, check out this web site for a testimonial on Blue Magic!

http://www.grandmotherssewingmachine..._machines.html

Nancy
Old 01-21-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ann63
He said when he gets another I am to send the white FW back then he will send me another one. Feeling uneasy about that, I opened a claim with PayPal. The seller has 10 days to respond. I was advised not to do anything with the machine until I hear back from PayPal.
Ann I opened a claim with Paypal also for 2 different Davis Vertical Manuals I bought and never received. They gave the seller 30 days to respond. If the seller doesn't respond within the 30 days, you have to 'escalate" your claim or Paypal assumes it was settled between the two of you. I just 'escalated' my claim against the people advertising the Davis Vertical Feed manuals.

Nancy
Old 01-21-2011, 03:39 PM

No, I used WD 40, my husband has a couple of cans that he said to use since it is around. I used it and then wiped it numerous times with a clean clothe. I really hate working with harsh chemicals, both aren't healthy.
Monica, I have used WD40 also, but after reading the blog about cleaning your machines and the Blue Magic, I am afraid to use WD40 (Cleaning old machines Grandmothers Sewing Machine). That stuff will gum up your machine is left on it, it eventually hardens.

Nancy
Old 01-21-2011, 04:06 PM

Has anyone attended a TOGA (Treadle On Gathering and Academy)?

If you're not familiar with them, check here
http://www.treadleon.net/fleamarket/events.htm
Old 01-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj
Here's the pics!! The Morse Apollo 6400. I just got her in from outside, so she'll have to warm up before I can really check her out.
I think I'll call her Kitty, because she purrs.
Not bad for $20. Can't even eat out for that!

Very nice machine and for only $20.00, good fine.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:12 PM

Nancy Thanks for the site on Blue Magic. Can I buy it at autozone? Glenn
Old 01-21-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
No, I used WD 40, my husband has a couple of cans that he said to use since it is around. I used it and then wiped it numerous times with a clean clothe. I really hate working with harsh chemicals, both aren't healthy.
Monica, I have used WD40 also, but after reading the blog about cleaning your machines and the Blue Magic, I am afraid to use WD40 (Cleaning old machines Grandmothers Sewing Machine). That stuff will gum up your machine is left on it, it eventually hardens.

Nancy
Nancy, I read her blog today while looking for methods of cleaning. I think that is where I first read about TR3. I purchased mine a couple of months ago. I used it on a Singer which was not a problem since the shellac covers the decals. On the Two Spools, the decals turn silver on the bed, but NOT from the TR3. The decals turn during the cleaning with the Go Jo. I think that had to do with the fact that the shellac was already shot and decals were not protected. I did use the TR3 on the rest of the machine, but tried not to wipe over the decals. I had no problems there, those areas look great. I'm afraid I might mess up the decals when I clean my Davis machine though. So I have been researching. My husband says not to use TR3 over the decals, only the black japan area. He states it isn't meant to be used over painted areas, like the decals. My decals on the Davis don't look like they are protected with shellac like the Singers are. My husband also says not to use the TR3 over the area of the bed that the shellac or glaze looks raised with tiny bubbles.