Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Anyone have a pattern for a fabric cover for a featherweight? >

Anyone have a pattern for a fabric cover for a featherweight?

Anyone have a pattern for a fabric cover for a featherweight?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:19 PM

There's this one:
http://craftyhipster.typepad.com/cra...ight-tote.html

She's also got a bag for the foot controller on that page.

I did a custom liner for mine with handles to help lift her out of the case, and I'm working on a second one, that will look better, now that I can bind better. V2.0 always looks better anyway
Old 06-01-2013, 04:39 AM

I'm also going to make covers for some of my fw's and cases...thanks for all the suggestions!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:19 AM

Huntersgrammie,

I'm sorry to say that if your mother's Singer came in a cabinet and has hinges to hold it in, it is not a Featherweight.
Post a picture of it and/ or it's serial number and we can tell you what it is.

Cathy

Originally Posted by huntersgrammie View Post
ok i was wondering what a featherweight was. i have inherited my mother in laws old singer. looks like it. it is next door at my neighbours right now so i don't have access to the information on it. but i have all the accessories the booklets, and the wonderful cabinet it came in. and its in mint condition. i had given it to her a few years ago as i didn't sew then, but she has decided to move back home, which is across the country and it was to much to ship it so she offered it back to me first. luck have it i learned how to sew a few months ago and i am getting it back. didn't realize what a gem i had and am so thankful she offered it back to me as several of her friends had wanted it. when i get it back this month i will post pictures of it and get more information on it then thanks for listening.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by janeknapp View Post
This looks like a really good buy for all of the work that is in them.
(This is not an item I am selling nor am I associated with the seller.)

Ebay Singer Protector Covers - Buy It Now for $65
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singer-Feath...item2a2d5842be
Oh I love those!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
There's this one:
http://craftyhipster.typepad.com/cra...ight-tote.html

She's also got a bag for the foot controller on that page.

I did a custom liner for mine with handles to help lift her out of the case, and I'm working on a second one, that will look better, now that I can bind better. V2.0 always looks better anyway
I love the look of this one Tammi (gorgeous white FW she has, too!) ... I am thinking of joining "the club" very soon
Old 06-03-2013, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
I love the look of this one Tammi (gorgeous white FW she has, too!) ... I am thinking of joining "the club" very soon
I agree! Those white FWs are stunning. I haven't seen one in person here yet. I see you decided to join the club! Welcome! I really like that case cover because it's reversible. I think the only thing I'd change is to is make the straps go all the way around the bottom. (Less attractive, but maybe a person could "cover" the straps in some way?) That's a fair bit of weight for a couple of layers of cotton to carry. The other thing I've been doing lately is using my FW case liner and putting it and the FW in a "soft" bag to carry to sewing circle. It's a little easier to throw the strap over my shoulder and carry, especially on a "bad disk" day (looking like that's what I'll do today)
Old 06-05-2013, 09:55 AM

Simplicity pattern 7087 from 2002 has a fabric sewing machine tote pattern. I don't know the dimensions of it.

but they sell sewing machine bags on ebay for $23 - $35, and JoAnn Fabric had the wheeled trolleys / totes marked down to $35 as of June 1, 2013.
Attached Thumbnails 7087_2002.jpg  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by MadCow333 View Post
Simplicity pattern 7087 from 2002 has a fabric sewing machine tote pattern. I don't know the dimensions of it.

but they sell sewing machine bags on ebay for $23 - $35, and JoAnn Fabric had the wheeled trolleys / totes marked down to $35 as of June 1, 2013.
Why do pattern companies reuse numbers so much? It's not like they can run out.... it sure makes searching for a particular pattern more challenging.

I have carried my FW case in a wheeled trolley like MadCow333 describes. It's a "standard" sized SM case, and it has room on top and on the sized for my projects / notions.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:35 PM

TreadleOn's bag, similar to the Aldi fabric grocery bag. http://www.treadleon.net/quiltshop/m...ter/tote1.html

this might have been listed:
http://quiltwoman.com/quilted-feathe...g-pattern.aspx
Old 06-29-2015, 07:48 AM

Default Singer Featherweight Carrying Case Pattern

Originally Posted by MadCow333 View Post
TreadleOn's bag, similar to the Aldi fabric grocery bag. http://www.treadleon.net/quiltshop/m...ter/tote1.html

this might have been listed:
http://quiltwoman.com/quilted-feathe...g-pattern.aspx
I belong to a Facebook Featherweight group. A woman in the Netherlands has designed a pattern for a carrying case for the FW, machine and case. It looks very good. They found an error and have put a hold on the pattern release but it will be available again as soon as she can make the correction. www.April1930s.com and look for a Featherweight Case tote. Pattern cost is $14.95.