Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Shemjo 02-15-2011 04:01 PM

Thanks, Nancy. I could not remember the other decal names. I was just too excited to think. And they are pretty dirty, but I oopsed! I found out it is a model 27 from April 1901. Thanks for giving me the right name for this machine. I will get her inside and figure out how I will clean her up.

BoJangles 02-15-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Thanks, Nancy. I could not remember the other decal names. I was just too excited to think. And they are pretty dirty, but I oopsed! I found out it is a model 27 from April 1901. Thanks for giving me the right name for this machine. I will get her inside and figure out how I will clean her up.

Wow, I had a Model 27 from 1901 also that I gave to a friend who is trying to learn to treadle. Your 27's decals are in way way better shape than mine was! You will love that machine. They just run so smoothly and make a very nice stitch. I found it to be one of the easiest to treadle.

Nancy

luv2learn 02-15-2011 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt
By the way... I know that EVERYONE on this thread is wondering..... DID Kim win the Ebay Auction for the white 201k?

The answer is....

No... Kim did not. Kim dropped out of the running at $115. The machine sold for OVER $400!!! LOL!

So now... Billy, VM, Brenda, Nancy, etc.... which one of YOU bought the thing???? LOL I wanna know!

<munch, munch.... homemade donuts are delicious! Thanks.>

It wasn't me or you would have heard it by now!! Brenda

BoJangles 02-15-2011 04:13 PM

[quote=luv2learn]

Originally Posted by kwendt
By the way... I know that EVERYONE on this thread is wondering..... DID Kim win the Ebay Auction for the white 201k?

The answer is....

No... Kim did not. Kim dropped out of the running at $115. The machine sold for OVER $400!!! LOL!

So now... Billy, VM, Brenda, Nancy, etc.... which one of YOU bought the thing???? LOL I wanna know!

It wasn't me or you would have heard it by now!! Brenda

It wasn't me either! Wow, I would love to have that machine, but I too am afraid of buying off e-bay and shipping!

Nancy

melinda1962 02-15-2011 04:42 PM

Neat Machine. I have a twin to it, cabinet and all, but mine has way worse decals. It sews like a dream though, and seems to like working, so I just do a little sewing on it for fun. Let us see how good she cleans up.

Originally Posted by Shemjo

:thumbup:

BoJangles 02-15-2011 04:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok you guys, this is Willy. He doesn't look like much right now, although, I love him to death! He has very cute little feet to treadle and the painted emblem is on the inside of his coffin top! I am going to re-finish his cabinet with Glenn's tutorial and see if he still remembers how to sew! His last patent date is April 17, 1883.

Nancy

Wilcox & Gibbs (Willy)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116657[/ATTACH]

Cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116658[/ATTACH]

Emblem inside coffin top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116659[/ATTACH]

Kathie S. 02-15-2011 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Ok you guys, this is Willy. He doesn't look like much right now, although, I love him to death! He has very cute little feet to treadle and the painted emblem is on the inside of his coffin top! I am going to re-finish his cabinet with Glenn's tutorial and see if he still remembers how to sew! His last patent date is April 17, 1883.

Nancy

Nanct Little Willy is adorable. Take it to Ladies night out next month and show it off. Kathie

Glenn 02-15-2011 05:01 PM

After all the talk about my FW even thou I am not impressed I have decided to keep her. Her name is Josephine, named after a mule my grandfather had--slow and did not like to do work that required much power :lol: But I want to thank you for your good advice on the FW and thank you Nancy for you cleaning advice it did help. Glenn

Glenn 02-15-2011 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Nancy

Nancy I really like Little Willy I would go out and play with him anytime. Is that black paint on the cabinet? Glenn

chris_quilts 02-15-2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
After all the talk about my FW even thou I am not impressed I have decided to keep her. Her name is Josephine, named after a mule my grandfather had--slow and did not like to do work that required much power :lol: But I want to thank you for your good advice on the FW and thank you Nancy for you cleaning advice it did help. Glenn

Glenn;

Had to laugh at the name. Josephine was my grandmother's name. I'm sure Grampa thought she was related to a mule because she was so stubborn. But she could work and was not slow about anything - except getting Grampa his coffee.