Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 104 of 4374 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 103 104 105 114 154 204 604 1104 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 43736

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #1031
    Super Member chamby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Clemmons, NC
    Posts
    1,046
    Blog Entries
    1
    Billy,
    Just wondering when you are going to post the next tute on the cleaning part of the machine? My machine is setting in the basement awaiting it's bath. You know me I have to have step by step instructions.
    Charlene

  2. #1032
    Super Member quilt addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,320
    April, I'm glad you are in the club! I don't want to be the only one. My first machine a few weeks ago was a Davis. I have not been able to date or figure out the model. Not sure if that is what you mean but do you have any web pages that talk about the Davis? I have found the ISMACS page but that is about it.
    Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    I have not found anymore badged Davis machines :-(
    I am thinking I may grab the $25 one..
    Thanks for the input Billy I sure do appreciate the advice!
    hugs
    April

  3. #1033
    Super Member quilt addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    I know I wasn't supposed to be looking at CL this week. But look what I found. It seems like such a good deal. I have never seen a machine like this before.

    What to do :?: :?: :?:

    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/fuo/1746391045.html
    OH

    Please hurry and buy it! The machine is just like the one I brought home from CL but the cabinet is to die for! And the price, please tell me you will buy it. :?:
    I'm trying but am 3rd in line. I may know tomorrow if one of the other two don't buy it. Can't imagine that happening.
    :shock:

    :|

  4. #1034
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,076
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    April, I'm glad you are in the club! I don't want to be the only one. My first machine a few weeks ago was a Davis. I have not been able to date or figure out the model. Not sure if that is what you mean but do you have any web pages that talk about the Davis? I have found the ISMACS page but that is about it.
    Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    I have not found anymore badged Davis machines :-(
    I am thinking I may grab the $25 one..
    Thanks for the input Billy I sure do appreciate the advice!
    hugs
    April
    Lisa,
    Billy helped me find out some information on mine by joining Needlebar. I do not have the weblink here as it is saved on my home computer. I have at least one Davis possibly two. One is a Loeser and one is a Marathon. The Loeser is a hand crank. We believe the Marathon is from the late 1800s. They both have the tree of life coffin cases. I will have to get pictures posted here of them.
    Hugs
    April

  5. #1035
    Super Member quilt addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,320
    Thanks April, I have requested to register on Needlebar so that should come through soon. Would love to see the pictures. I am using mine to go through Billy's tute so she is partially diassembled. I'm practicing PATIENCE....

    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    April, I'm glad you are in the club! I don't want to be the only one. My first machine a few weeks ago was a Davis. I have not been able to date or figure out the model. Not sure if that is what you mean but do you have any web pages that talk about the Davis? I have found the ISMACS page but that is about it.
    Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    I have not found anymore badged Davis machines :-(
    I am thinking I may grab the $25 one..
    Thanks for the input Billy I sure do appreciate the advice!
    hugs
    April
    Lisa,
    Billy helped me find out some information on mine by joining Needlebar. I do not have the weblink here as it is saved on my home computer. I have at least one Davis possibly two. One is a Loeser and one is a Marathon. The Loeser is a hand crank. We believe the Marathon is from the late 1800s. They both have the tree of life coffin cases. I will have to get pictures posted here of them.
    Hugs
    April

  6. #1036
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,076
    Patience? What is that? LOL
    I will try to take some shots tonight and post them here. They need to be cleaned and such but I am sooo afraid to do so!
    Hugs
    April

  7. #1037
    Super Member quilt addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,320
    With the popularity of the shop I guess you don't need a Grand Opening. But it would be fun. Maybe we could schedule a chat session like they did for the secret santa unveil last year. I will bring some wine and make some lemon bars.

    Lisa

  8. #1038
    Super Member quilt addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,320
    I don't know, if I had patience I could just wait and get the first one finished. Instead I have bought 5 more machines since then and picked one up for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Patience? What is that? LOL
    I will try to take some shots tonight and post them here. They need to be cleaned and such but I am sooo afraid to do so!
    Hugs
    April

  9. #1039
    Super Member quilt addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,320
    Katia, great for you. I had emailed her and asked if she would ship it. She said no. But i am glad it is going to someone great! Congratulations, it is a steal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katia
    She says I can have it and and I am over the moon. She said a
    guy wanted it, but just as an antique. She wants it to go to someone who will use it and love it. She even gave me the serial number. So it is mine. I just hope someone does not come in and offer her a ton more for it. She will not be home to get it till Thursday, so I will be holding my breath till then. But she is so - so cute. I am paying her more the the 45 but I don't even care. I think she will be a treasure.

  10. #1040
    Senior Member quiltingbee12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    666
    Hopefully this isn't too OT for this group.
    Does anyone have, or know where I could get a Davis Sewing Machine? I recently got a Davis NVF base, the distance between the pins is 11 inches. I am looking for another one, as I'd really like to use it.

    It was really neat how I got the base. I currently have 9 treadles, and 19 machines ;)

    Please send me a Private Message if you have a Davis, or a machine without feed dogs.
    Thank you

Page 104 of 4374 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 103 104 105 114 154 204 604 1104 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.