Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-08-2011, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I just got my cabinet back for my 66. We/hubby put a new belt on it and now it slips. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
Thank you, Kathie
Kathie, there is probably oil in the treadle grove. Take a towel or rag and wipe the grove the belt sits in and wipe the belt really good. It should stop slipping.

Nancy
Old 04-08-2011, 10:00 PM

But I am going out there this weekend come heck or high water!!!

Billy[/quote]
Billy do not push it to soon. This bug has a nasty relapse and it is worse the second time around. Kathie S.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:34 PM

[quote=mtspools][quote=sewbizgirl][quote=mtspools]
Originally Posted by Lostn51

where would i find A serial # on it. and how old do you think it is . Thank you for compliment on the quilt i bought the pattern ,its called OMIGOSH HERE IS bigger picture.
Beautiful quilt!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by dirty1mom
Billy, you are online. I hope that means you are feeling better.
I walked out to the studio today to look around and get my game plan going and sat on the loveseat for an hour or so with Dixie. It took all I had to go out there and do that. I was just worn out doing something simple like that. I never get sick hardly and when I do I just keep on going but this time it has handed me my lunch big time!!

Billy
Try the Vicks. It works! At least it worked for me along with the chicken soup.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by shnnn
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by shnnn
I bought a necchi model bu at the thrift store today -- wondering if anyone can help me find more information on it
Necchi group on Yahoo is a great source of info for Necchi's. Very simple to join - not like the other unmentionable site which also might have info for you.
Thank you so much! I sure wish someone had warned me about the addictive qualities of vintage sewing machines before I let my husband talk me into my singer 19-51. I went to the thrift store looking for a table for that one -- and saw this poor baby sitting on the floor buried in shower curtain rods, I had to bring her home!

Now I need a cabinet for my Singer -- and possibly a treadle for this Necchi?!!
Shnnn, it is my understanding that the Necchi will fit in the same cabinet as a Singer. So you might be able to get 1 cabinet and switch the heads out. I would love to see pictures of your Necchi and 19-51 Singer.

Thank you Chris for the lead on the Yahoo group. I am going to work on her this weekend along with my White Rotary (which also needs a new belt).

Billy - I hate being sick especially when I have things to do, places to go and people to see. I usually do to much to soon and pay for it later. Take care of yourself, everything will still be there tomorrow.

Judy
Old 04-09-2011, 03:43 AM

I am so proud of myself l have finished cleaning my 319K at last and l have managed to put the tension parts back together without a hitch which was my great worry but after a couple of alterations for the tension and a reread of the instructions l have her sewing like a dream and have tested out the zig zag the rest will follow tomorrow after l have done the mending ha ha
Elsie in Australia
Old 04-09-2011, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by dirty1mom
Billy, you are online. I hope that means you are feeling better.
I walked out to the studio today to look around and get my game plan going and sat on the loveseat for an hour or so with Dixie. It took all I had to go out there and do that. I was just worn out doing something simple like that. I never get sick hardly and when I do I just keep on going but this time it has handed me my lunch big time!!

Billy
Try the Vicks. It works! At least it worked for me along with the chicken soup.
What about the Vicks? BF got awful cough !
Old 04-09-2011, 05:05 AM

Thanks Billy - I have another treadle not in as good cndition as my Kenwood , will take pictures later.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:35 AM

Congratulations Elsie on putting the 319 back together!

Monica, I am glad you are feeling better and the Vicks worked.

Billy, you may not feel it, but you are getting better too or you wouldn't be up and about. It will take time to get your strength back.

Congratulations Kathie on that treadle cabinet you just got back from the re-finisher guy. It looks fantastic - do you want me to post pictures for you?

Nancy
Old 04-09-2011, 05:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mtspools
What about the Vicks? BF got awful cough!
Unfortunately this has turned into a bronchitis type of thing, I still have the steroids I am taking and the antibiotics but my neighbor told me she would prescribe me a cough syrup with codine for my hacking. I was instructed that this could easily turn into something worse if I didnt take my time resting but that is driving me nuts!

Billy