Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1441 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 441 941 1341 1391 1431 1440 1441 1442 1451 1491 1541 1941 2441 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,410 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Billy, Sorry to hear about your storm damage. We have had a lot of rain and high wind. Not too much damage. The rain washed out our driveway. Going to get more rain for the next 5 days. People here think they are begining to grow webs between there toes.

Wow, it's beautiful, can't imagine it not having a bobbin...
    how do you get the bottom stitch?

Billy, is that the part of the house you were going to remodel? Perhaps the insurance company can now "help" with that remodel fund. Glad no one hurt and not more damage was done.

Quote Originally Posted by tlpa
    Wow, it's beautiful, can't imagine it not having a bobbin...
    how do you get the bottom stitch?
    Those chain stitch!

Thanks for the info Nancy. I printed it out so I remember in the future. Hopefully I do this right. Since my camera (I think it is really me) takes crummy pics I am using the ones I saw originally. Made a deal with a girl on CL last week for this first one. Picked it up Monday on my way home from work.

cabinet is pretty perfect
    Name:  Attachment-187137.jpe
Views: 66
Size:  4.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Alos last week I won an auction on shopgoodwill.com and this one also came home with me on Monday.

case smells a little
    Name:  Attachment-187189.jpe
Views: 59
Size:  18.8 KB

needs a good cleaning
    Name:  Attachment-187190.jpe
Views: 95
Size:  18.8 KB

And then I won a second auction on shopgoodwill.com last week and Tuesday this one came home with me. I decided after I got this one and it was perfect that I was done!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

However I looked at Craigslist today and in the Free catagory was listed 2 singers. One is a Spartan 192k and the other one is described as in a small cute table. Yeah those are being picked up on my way home from work tonight. I will not look at any more ads. (At least til Monday.) I am running out of room.

Blog Entries
    [quote=okiepastor

Those chain stitch![/quote]

Yep, the Wilcox and Gibbs makes a beautiful chain stitch. That is the machine used to make the Civil war uniforms because the stitch is so purrrrty!

Thank you Kathie, I can't believe how quiet little Willy 2 sounds either! I think everyone at Girl's Night Out was in awe of this little machine!

Trish I may use it occasionally, but first I have to find a stash of needles -- they are pricey and hard to find!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty1mom
    However I looked at Craigslist today and in the Free catagory was listed 2 singers. One is a Spartan 192k and the other one is described as in a small cute table. Yeah those are being picked up on my way home from work tonight. I will not look at any more ads. (At least til Monday.) I am running out of room.
    Ok, I NEVER find free machines! I love the black crinkle embossed White, love the Morse and it's pretty blue color, what is the brown crinkle? I can't believe you are getting a Spartan free? Please post pictures of the two newest machines when you can!

Nancy