Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-09-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by miriam
I do that - well smoothies....
here my favorite smoothie recipe - for 2 people
yogurt
bananas
applesauce
avocado (DH does not know it's in there - makes it VERY smooth)
blueberries or strawberries
almond butter
Quick
add more milk or yogurt to get the amount you want
so blend it!
Miriam we do smoothies all the time too, but I'd have to leave out the avocado and almond butter! I use yogert, banana's (frozen), frozen stawberries, frozen blueberries, and any other frozen fruit we have. Add some 100% juice and yummy - a great dinner on hot days!

Nancy
"Where's the beef??"!!! :lol: Guess that dates me!!!! :oops:
Randa, are you saying you have to have meat and potatoes for dinner? Sounds like my Dad! We always had to have meat and potatoes or dinner was not complete! My DH and I do our "linner," lunch and dinner combined in the early afternoon, so technically dinner is something very light around here! Unless the grandkids are here, then I have to cook!

Nancy

I finished my grandson's birthday quilt last night and posted it this am in the Quilt Photo shop. He is 3 today so boy did I have to rush that quilt out! It is made (almost) entirely with treadles!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:00 AM

Charlee, Wonderful little sewing box. Sorry you didn't find any gotta have machines.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Here's the sewing box I got while I was junkin' on my days off... my MIL has one similar to it that belonged to William's grandma...
I sure wish those types of things were still made today. I'd love to find a "puzzle box". I have my mom's sewing box but it's a cheap one and not vintage. At least I have some of her sewing things. She didn't sew much but had a nice set of shears etc.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 AM

Mornin' all. DH and I are headed out to pick up a Singer 66 in a bentwood case. Looks pretty good on CL, but he says needs new wire. But that's ok, because I'm going to take the head out of the case, convert to a HC and ship to Afghanistan to a soldier.
Tommie
Old 07-09-2011, 07:20 AM

What is "convert to a HC" and how do ypou ship it to a soldier? Thanks for sharing this..I didn't know it could be done!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by debs
Howdy Billy And everyone,

About 2 weeks ago I asked Billy about a Singer in a bentwood case that I saw in an antique store, I haven't gone back to get it yet. Then I showed my husband some of the beautifully restored old timers and he said you know we have one in our old trailer. Nope I didn't remember it, so we went and uncovered it and guess what? Its a singer treadle 66 made July 28th in Elizabeth, NJ. :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm doing a happy dance and can't for the life of me remember from wence she came! So we have a restoration job ahead and I'll send photos this weekend, of the condition it is in now. :oops: Can't believe we can't remember we had it or where it came from. Could it be old age? :thumbdown:
Debs & Hemi
No, no, no... it is not old age... it IS busy minds with volumes of things to do and information gets sidetracked... or something like that!!!! :lol: :lol:
Oh I think that is a great definition! Thanks, Debs
Old 07-09-2011, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
What is "convert to a HC" and how do ypou ship it to a soldier? Thanks for sharing this..I didn't know it could be done!
I'm taking the motor off, and adding a HandCrank device. I will ship USPS via his APO addy.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee
Here's the sewing box I got while I was junkin' on my days off... my MIL has one similar to it that belonged to William's grandma...
that is sew adorable!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:44 AM

'Nuther Rocketeer in KS. This one is in a cabinet and also has the case, which looks pretty good, plus attachments, etc.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/hsh/2484480737.html

Tommie
Old 07-09-2011, 10:14 AM

Time to announce my new find and ask for help: we found a 15-91 in an antique store for $47, but it came with a cabinet, I'll post pictures. Now the problem. We are in NH and live in Ga and to get between the two we are camping out in our VW van with our cat Ray so have his litterbox on the floor.

To get to our friend's house in NH we just flipped it upside down machine and all. But that is going to be awkward all the way home as we will have to remove it when we are camping to get to the fridge and almost anything....

We looked at the cabinet and it looks very much like it could be disassembled (unscrewed) and then reassembled at home which would make getting it home an awful lot easier. We have a storage place over the cab where we could put it securely wrapped in several trash bags or even keep it in the van itself if we have to....

What cha alll think? Billy, ya got any ideas to offer?

extra accessory kit I bought for the bobbin case
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223554[/ATTACH]

serial AL256731, born 1952?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223558[/ATTACH]

case we'd like to disable and reassemble
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223560[/ATTACH]

another view of cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223561[/ATTACH]

any one in NH want to buy this, our friends kept it for us and we really don't need it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223566[/ATTACH]

bottom of acc box
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223569[/ATTACH]

isn't this just the cutest thing? it came with the 15-91?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223570[/ATTACH]

no post is complete without a cute picture of Ray in the campfire circle!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223573[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-223548.jpe   attachment-223552.jpe   attachment-223553.jpe   attachment-223554.jpe   attachment-223555.jpe  

attachment-223560.jpe   attachment-223563.jpe   attachment-223564.jpe   attachment-223567.jpe