Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1600 of 4350 FirstFirst ... 600 1100 1500 1550 1590 1599 1600 1601 1610 1650 1700 2100 2600 ... LastLast
Results 15,991 to 16,000 of 43496

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #15991
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,019
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Hi fellow collectors of vintage machines, remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a very dirty blackside that was given to me with the case painted in an antique red. Well I did some work on the case and cleaned it up to match the cleaned machine. Here is some before and after pics of the case. Glenn
    Just lovely Glenn! I have a case like that to my latest ...99 it is in need of work. someone I think pried the case off and I am thinking I will have to get some hindge like closures to fix it. I will post a picture of it soon. The 99 is posted a page back. It needs some parts. Hoping she works!
    Rose, take a pic of the under side of the top so I can see the front and back hardware so I can check out the damage. I don't know why people pry the case open when a small flat head screwdriver will unlock the case. Glenn
    Ok Glenn, I will take a picture in few minutes and post here!
    The locking hardware looks good but do need some wood and veneer repair. The left plate has been broken and needs to be replaced. Now where to find one is another thing. I will do some research and see what I can find. Billy may have a source. The top is okay except for the wood repairs. I have seen empty cases for sale on Ebay. Let me seed what I can do. Glenn

  2. #15992
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    11,141
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Can anyone tell me real quick if the singer 500 will do monagraming.
    Thanks
    It will monogram if you can find a monogramer. It is pretty limited though. I have one - I haven't made it work so far
    Thanks but what does the monogramer look like. I don't remember ever seeing one.
    looks a lot like a buttonholer
    So if I had that attachment I would be able to attach it to any machine?
    The 500 is a slant-o-matic so needs a slant-o-matic monogramer or buttonholer or any other foot

  3. #15993
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,503
    Blog Entries
    1
    The locking hardware looks good but do need some wood and veneer repair. The left plate has been broken and needs to be replaced. Now where to find one is another thing. I will do some research and see what I can find. Billy may have a source. The top is okay except for the wood repairs. I have seen empty cases for sale on Ebay. Let me seed what I can do. Glenn
    Thanks a bunch Glenn. I was thinking if all else fails, I can have latch type closures put on it.

    Sharon

  4. #15994
    Senior Member Crossstitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    971
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Can anyone tell me real quick if the singer 500 will do monagraming.
    Thanks
    It will monogram if you can find a monogramer. It is pretty limited though. I have one - I haven't made it work so far
    Thanks but what does the monogramer look like. I don't remember ever seeing one.
    looks a lot like a buttonholer
    So if I had that attachment I would be able to attach it to any machine?
    The 500 is a slant-o-matic so needs a slant-o-matic monogramer or buttonholer or any other foot

    miriam, thank you so much for the quick info. I was going to bid on the machine because I thought it had the monogramer built in. So now I will just look for the attachment. I have a 301 and and 403 which I could use it on. Again thanks for the quick response.

  5. #15995
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    11,141
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Can anyone tell me real quick if the singer 500 will do monagraming.
    Thanks
    It will monogram if you can find a monogramer. It is pretty limited though. I have one - I haven't made it work so far
    Thanks but what does the monogramer look like. I don't remember ever seeing one.
    looks a lot like a buttonholer
    So if I had that attachment I would be able to attach it to any machine?
    The 500 is a slant-o-matic so needs a slant-o-matic monogramer or buttonholer or any other foot

    miriam, thank you so much for the quick info. I was going to bid on the machine because I thought it had the monogramer built in. So now I will just look for the attachment. I have a 301 and and 403 which I could use it on. Again thanks for the quick response.
    you have good taste - I LOVE my 403 and the monogrammer should work on it. I had trouble with it and found out it needs a different throat plate - you need the kind that is a T shape - it come with older buttonholers - I haven't had time to get back with it - the one that came with the 'professional buttonholer' doesn't work as well as the old T shape throat plate cover

  6. #15996
    JaneK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    chicago suburbs
    Posts
    103
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    A link showing my new "lady" before and after... :)

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-123819-1.htm#3272086
    Your "Anne" is lovely. Glad to see you back..I was used to reading your posts when I was a total new person. Nice to hear from you now!

  7. #15997
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Would this work on my 1924 ... 99 sewing machine?


    Singer Foot Controller

    Three hole on plug


    Label on Back states:
    volts 95-145
    Part No. 194584

    Good used condition
    On Ebay .... 5 days left 2 bids price @ $10.50
    That should work with your machine Rose... My 99 is nearly like it, but has a knee lever so the foot pedal part wouldn't work with mine...
    If you buy it and it doesn't work, let me know!! ;)

  8. #15998
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    355
    OMGosh... my hubby is my enabler and I can live with this. Really. :-)
    We just got home from the local Goodwill shop with a bunch of toys for DGS and a new toy for me...
    A Domestic-
    Model# 264R Serial#6246
    and is in absolutely pristine condition, even the cords look new on this thing. It has 'J-C9', 'J-A23', 'E 5' all stamped into the underneath. And 'W Z6' on the side underneath. I have no ideal what any of these mean other than it was made in Japan, as it says that right on the back plate. LoL!

    It is 2-tone, grey with white and came with a baggie full of bobbins. Only has the one foot and I think it is just the straight stitch foot but looks like some of my old White feet may fit. The bobbin is fully intact as well. I haven't tried anything yet, still trying to find some info on it.

    I tell ya what though, this dadgum thing is HEAVY!!! I bout fell over when I reached down to pick it up, I was not expecting that much weight in this box. I will try to get some pics up here in a bit.

  9. #15999
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneK
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    A link showing my new "lady" before and after... :)

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-123819-1.htm#3272086
    Your "Anne" is lovely. Glad to see you back..I was used to reading your posts when I was a total new person. Nice to hear from you now!
    Thanks Jane (and everyone!) :)

  10. #16000
    Senior Member cherrybsixty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    KANSAS
    Posts
    527
    Blog Entries
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    A link showing my new "lady" before and after... :)

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-123819-1.htm#3272086
    She is pretty, we miss you around the shop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.