Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-29-2011, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by lee231
More pics. Have to go pickup the 99K tomorrow from thrift store.
lee231 - nice find. Thought you would like to know that what you have there is a 15 not a 99.
This is a good blog post to learn how to identify vintage Singers by their silhouette:

Part 1~
http://vssmb.blogspot.com/2011/07/vi...gers.html#more

Part 2~
http://vssmb.blogspot.com/2011/07/vi...s_28.html#more
I agree that this is very well done blog. Great information!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf
Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by azdesertrat
there is a guy on craigslist here who has a featherwieght for 1500.00.I told him it will never sell for that but of course I havent heard from him
There is a person in the Bay Area that has been trying to sell a FW on CLs for over a month; he wants $495. I think he would do better on ebay.
They aren't going for that much on eBay either. Lately the prices have been much lower than, say, last year! There are TONS of them out there.
I got a FW, case, attachments, and manual (plus a new pair if Fiskars) in excellent condition the other day on eBay. It was buy it now for $250, I countered $100 and he came back at $175, free shipping. I felt I did okay! It came yesterday and, once I figured out how to thread the needle, it works great! :)
That was SMART! Enjoy your FW!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned

Ill be a son of a gun we are at 1400 Pages now! I would never have thought it would have taken off like this but WOW!! Thank you everyone for your contributions!!!

Billy
Old 07-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by beaniekins
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
http://omaha.craigslist.org/atq/2510938632.html

a listing for two treadle machines in the Omaha area... Anyone interested? I could pick one up for you! :thumbup:
The second one is the more rare Pheasant Decal 27! I might need to check the funds for this one!

Billy
I have a 27 with the pheasant decals. I had no idea that it was one of the more rare decals. I really love mine. It was the first vintage machine that I got and it got me hooked.

What is the most rare decal for the Singers?

Here's a pic of my pheasant 27. I haven't given her the spa treatment yet.
Any of the MOP 12's and the MOP Model A.

Billy
Old 07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

Hello everyone. I'm still looking for attachments for my KENMORE 117 959. Looking for bobbin case and bobbins which I desparately need to run the machine. And then my wish list is for any attachments that go with this machine. There are machines for sale on line but I can't find any parts. Do I have to buy a whole machine to get a bobbin and case? What to do??? very sad.
peace
Attached Thumbnails attachment-233482.jpe  
Old 07-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ube quilting
Hello everyone. I'm still looking for attachments for my KENMORE 117 959. Looking for bobbin case and bobbins which I desparately need to run the machine. And then my wish list is for any attachments that go with this machine. There are machines for sale on line but I can't find any parts. Do I have to buy a whole machine to get a bobbin and case? What to do??? very sad.
peace
Does the space it goes in look like this would fit http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w...incasehook.jpg
if so it is pretty common - bobbins may be the kind with a ton of holes. I may have attachments.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
This was the machine I went to the auction for in the first place. It went for $120, a little rich for my blood. This was on the auction as a salesman's sample machine.
Cute little gal!
Old 07-29-2011, 04:31 PM

Any of the MOP 12's and the MOP Model A.

Billy[/quote]

Billy what is a MOP? Kathie
Old 07-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by miriam
peace
Does the space it goes in look like this would fit http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w...incasehook.jpg
if so it is pretty common - bobbins may be the kind with a ton of holes. I may have attachments.
Here's a pic, does this look familiar? It isn't quite like your pic.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-233495.jpe  
Old 07-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by miriam
peace
Here's a pic, does this look familiar? It isn't quite like your pic.
check sewclassic http://shop.sew-classic.com/Bobbin-Cases-Parts_c23.htm you might email and get her to tell you exactly what you need - can't beat those prices.

AHA!!!! If you click on the pictures of her bobbins she has a listing of what they fit!!!!!!

Looks like someone used 3 in one oil in there. You'll have your hands full getting that one cleaned up. But it is a lot of fun once things start to move freely.