Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-04-2011, 05:31 AM

http://jackson.craigslist.org/hsh/2522195086.html

Is this one of the "New Homes' worth looking at? This one is only about 10 minutes from me.

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:56 AM

That Frister and Rossman is sew very cute. Were did you find it? Love it.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by irishrose
Miriam, misery loves company. I either got into something or was bitten by something Friday night and have all your symptoms, plus 8 pounds of retained fluid. I know exactly when it happened, but I was in a mowed area so I suspect a bite or bites. I have to do the grandmother of the bride thing Friday. I haven't figured that one out yet.
and you can't even call in sick.... neither could I...
TONS of water, no salt, benadryl... and a little luck
Old 08-04-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
I have looked at all the new machines on here and they are just beautiful.

Here are two machines we got this week.
The first one is a Davis it didn't have a date but the serial # is 2751431. The 2nd one DH got because he likes fiddle base machines. It is a Singer VS2 dated 1889. This machine is sitting on our new Singer Red Eye. Haven't taken a pic of it yet.
Trish, nice Davis and VS2, but what is the big Singer in the background? I see a second fiddle base in the picture too?

Nancy
Old 08-04-2011, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Ok Kathie, what do you mean by you ". . . . . have two more coming in a few years. . . . ." What two more and why a few more years?

First Nancy I want pictures of your new machines. One of the machines is a Singer that takes cams. Not sure of what model. It belongs to my beloved Aunt and I will get it when she is gone. The second is a 1958 Pfaff. It belongs to my mother
and it will be mine also when she is gone. Kathie.
Kathie, what model is the Pfaff? A 130? Everyone here knows my Mother's one and only machine was her Pfaff 130.

Nancy
Old 08-04-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
WAAAAAAH. WHINE. SNIFFLE. I am suppose to be working extra all week for 2 jobs. I have poison ivy rash REALLY bad. I have a 'new' machine I could actually sew on, one machine that needs tlc to trick it out, a million and one sewing projects cluttering up my sewing room, a million and one things in my head to try to do, a nasty creepy house to clean up, grand kids to play with, etc, etc, etc... and all I do is itch. itch. shower. itch. ooze. itch. sting. ooze. change clothes. ooze. ooze. shower. change the sheets. itch. sting. ooze. change clothes. touch and ooze. I look ready for Halloween. DG (age 4) asked me if I was melting. AND DH has one little tiny poison ivy bump. Everybody else takes Benedryl and sleeps. Not me - I get wired. My mom told me once there was some kind of centennial celebration when her and her 5 brothers and sisters sat on the ground at a park. They all got poison ivy all over their butts. I think I'm going to get a goat to eat that ivy off the fence. Thanks for listening to me vent - I gotta go hang some more sheets.
Geeze Miriam, you are great at describing how it feels to have poison ivy! I am just getting over a much smaller case of poison oak! My poor daughter is also trying to get over a much worse - than I had it - case of poison oak! I was so depressed after loosing my little Tarzan that I went out and trimmed poison oak for 4 hours on our horse trails with a tank top and shorts on! Very dumb! Anyway, I only got it where I got scratched by the branches as they were falling all over me. My horse was eating it as fast as she could and dragging her halter and lead rope all through the stuff. My daughter came over to ride the next day and got the same halter I had used out to put on her horse - and, guess what, she got it really bad all over her arms from that halter! She was not real happy with me!

Oh and Miriam, be careful with scratching that stuff or it could scar!

Nancy
Old 08-04-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Buslady, what is the pink machine in the Photo shop? Is it a VS2?

Nancy
It is an industrial from about 1896. Couldnt find any more info. Found it in a barn up north. Very rusty, used wire wheel on most of it, machine and irons. Just cleaned and poly on the wood. I have the original wooden pitman, but is missing a small chunk of wood on one end, so not sure what i'll do with that. Color is raspberry. I just love the table. DH figured out how the leaf worked and we got it working like new.
Ok, now I am really interested. I'd like to see a larger picture of that "raspberry" machine!

Nancy
Old 08-04-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by jpete523
Well, following Cathy's excellent directions I'm going to try again to post a picture of my pretty little Frister & Rossman hand crank.
Hope this works (fingers crossed)!

Jan
Jan very nice Frister and Rossman HC!

Nancy
Old 08-04-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Good and bad news. Bad news first, still looking for a part (Shuttle Bell Crank #8444) for the Singer 127 but things are looking up.

Called a CL ad for 2 machine heads for $10 and one looked like a Singer 27. The part I need is not the same on the 27 as the 127 so that part didn't work out.

The other machine is a Singer 66. Both are frozen and all the plated parts are rusted. But the decals on the 66 Redeye are very nice.

since I am going to try and get at least the 66 sewing again, they gave them both to me for FREE!!!

Oh well, more machines to clean and practice on.
Lisa, I can't wait to see the after pictures! You need Evaporust for sure!

Nancy
Old 08-04-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
[The other machine is a Singer 66. Both are frozen and all the plated parts are rusted. But the decals on the 66 Redeye are very nice.

Lisa, I can't wait to see the after pictures! You need Evaporust for sure!

Nancy[/quote]

Nancy, going to have to get the penetrating oil out first just to see if I can get all the plates off!