Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1752 of 4380 FirstFirst ... 752 1252 1652 1702 1742 1751 1752 1753 1762 1802 1852 2252 2752 ... LastLast
Results 17,511 to 17,520 of 43800

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

This board is such a bad influence! This is my last sewing machine purchase. Really. I mean it. I picked up this 15-91 last week for $45. The cabinet needs refinishing but the machine is in excellent condition. Can you see what is in the open drawer? This is the seller's picture. It's a penguin walking foot in a little box.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a featherweight 222 in very good condition, lovely clean case for $460. I thought it was a good deal. Then there's the 301 card table I just got that needs to be cleaned up and legs repainted.

Enough!! Well, unless something else comes along calling my name!

Nancy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by amBoo
    This board is such a bad influence! This is my last sewing machine purchase. Really. I mean it. I picked up this 15-91 last week for $45. The cabinet needs refinishing but the machine is in excellent condition. Can you see what is in the open drawer? This is the seller's picture. It's a penguin walking foot in a little box.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a featherweight 222 in very good condition, lovely clean case for $460. I thought it was a good deal. Then there's the 301 card table I just got that needs to be cleaned up and legs repainted.

Nancy
    You got a penguin walking foot??? You lucky dog! They are so rare. Pretty 15-91.

Blog Entries

Nancy
    Congrats on all of your treasures!

It is fun seeing what everyone rescues! It is nice to see that folks are saving these machines.

Oh, good grief, now I want a two spools. Does this ever end? lol

Blog Entries
    Hi, I am now an official member of the vintage sewing machine owner's club! Don't know why, but I am a little terrified of it. Can anyone help ID the exact model for me? Serial number is GO108195. I'd really like to find a manual. And a little hand holding would be good, too! :roll:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Can you see what is in the open drawer? This is the seller's picture. It's a penguin walking foot in a little box.
    The foot will bring a lot more than $45. Sell it on Ebay and buy more machines!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Hi, I am now an official member of the vintage sewing machine owner's club! Don't know why, but I am a little terrified of it. Can anyone help ID the exact model for me? Serial number is GO108195. I'd really like to find a manual. And a little hand holding would be good, too! :roll:
    Its okay, she won't bite. You have a model 66-1 with Red Eye decals, she's a sister to my machine. Do the feet attach at
    the back or on the side?
    Yours is older than mine by a few months made in 1910,
    my serial number is G5960807.
    You could remove the motor and light and make her a treadle again.

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Except the irons are gone, and it's very hard to find ones that will fit.

Kas
    Oh why oh why would someone do that to such a beautiful cabinet? And your redey is fabulous! My favorite machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Except the irons are gone, and it's very hard to find ones that will fit.
    Dang it! I see that now. :cry: :shock: